Sign in to follow this  
Zeus89725

New York Logo

I had an idea for a logo and began playing around, and this is the product. I know it's not that good, but which looks better?

Pres.png

Thanks!

It's hard to judge this without context. What is it logo for? Just the city in general? The Knicks? 

1 hour ago, JoeDGemma said:

It's hard to judge this without context. What is it logo for? Just the city in general? The Knicks? 

I made it for the Islanders, but realized it could be used on a t shirt or something, as said above. I was thinking of submitting it to Cotton Bureau.

16 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I made it for the Islanders, but realized it could be used on a t shirt or something, as said above. I was thinking if submitting it to Cotton Bureau.

I instantly thought of Cotton Bureau with that logo

Cleaned it up a bit and made the "N" and "Y" the same size. Gave up on the "NYC" monogram; it didn't work as well as I hoped. Maybe I'll give it another shot later, but for now this is what I've got.

Pres.png

It looks nice as a logo used on merch, The shield makes it stand out. Nice Work!

(This is gonna sound really poorly-worded, so bear with me)

I like the updated version where both letters are the same size, but the Y still looks disproportionate. The "top part" and the "bottom part" need to be the same size respectively to each other. Imagine a Y, I guess, with the top part being a "V" and the bottom part being an "I". I think the "V" part is too long compared to the "I" part. Hopefully that makes sense...

18 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

(This is gonna sound really poorly-worded, so bear with me)

I like the updated version where both letters are the same size, but the Y still looks disproportionate. The "top part" and the "bottom part" need to be the same size respectively to each other. Imagine a Y, I guess, with the top part being a "V" and the bottom part being an "I". I think the "V" part is too long compared to the "I" part. Hopefully that makes sense...

Believe it or not, I knew exactly what you meant. I think this helped a bit.

Pres.png

Still open to thoughts!

Haha glad you understood me. Looks a lot better imo

I think you could still make the C work, just not the way it was before. 

What I would do is make the C orange, and put it smack in the middle, over both the N and the Y. We New Yorkers call this place the City, it's a mark of pride.

I also think that you could make it into a kind of cool series, using this as a template for borough logos, too. Hell, I'd personally wear a Bx cap.