Graphic artists/designers

zoneranger

I know there are other graphic artists on board here and I wondered in what field they are employed. I'm a graphic artist/designer who works for the local newspaper building display advertisements. I also freelance frequently for a local fireworks company designing fireworks labels. How about the rest of you guys? ???
cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

I'm in the 11th grade and am looking to be some sort of writer later in life.  Journalism, creative writing, etc.  

I think for the most part guys here are either students or are employed in some field other than graphic design.  Most people here do this for fun.

I`m a graphic designer that workes for advertising agency in Croatia (imago.hr) and used to work for E.B. Lane in Phoenix, DDB and Lowe Lintas in Zagreb - Croatia. I do everything from conteptual thinking to designing an ad for all our clients.

If I could pick what to do I would pick the current job, but I would rather have some sports oriented clients.

College Senior, Graphic Design Major, Graduatiing in a couple weeks. I've worked as a Graphic Designer for my university, I've made most of the promotional material for them over the past year and a half, but I'll probably going to work for a company in Georgia doing catalogs for pet supplies. The jobs just aren't out there right now...for entry level that is. It's a catch 22 as I'm finding it. The jobs you apply for, they want usually 3-5 years experience...so the people that get THAT job leave their job...which also will require 3-5 years experience.

Official title: Web designer.

Work for a small ad agency of 3 people. High end clientele. I do everything from print design, identities, web ads, animations, kiosks and, of course, web sites. Most of the sites we do are database driven, so my background with both graphic design and programming comes in handy.

In spite of my reputation as one of the better jersey designers on this board, graphic design is not my expertise and is not something I have much interest in.  (I took a graphic design course last year using Adobe Photoshop 6, and in spite of completing all the work and doing it to the best of my ability, made off with a whopping final mark of 10%!!!!!)  I hope to persue a career in the entertainment industry as a screenwriter or voice-over artist.  Or maybe opening up my own jersey making company.  Or a cool sports bar.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived