Sports Center

BBTV

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bizarre.  I never really watched sports center, but actually do now (meaning like twice a week) just to see how bad they are and to verify that I'm not crazy for hating them.

They're brutal.  Between Smith's seizures and Hill's lack of coherent thinking and raspy voice, I honestly have to wonder what the thinking was putting them in the #1 slot on a network that large.

I'm not ready to say that it's Byron Saxton / David Otunga level of tokenism (for lack of a better word), but they are objectively horrible.  Ageen though - I'm watching - so at the end of the day, they win, so they're smarter than I.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Theres been a lot of questionable decisions in Bristol lately. First take taking over the main channel from ESPN 2, the creation of 'the 6', and the list of names getting canned. It's ridiculous... 

54 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

Theres been a lot of questionable decisions in Bristol lately. First take taking over the main channel from ESPN 2, the creation of 'the 6', and the list of names getting canned. It's ridiculous... 

How/why is it "questionable" when 6 PM ratings have been declining for years (2013). Doesn't one have to change from the current to adjust the ratings slide from before?

http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/a-closer-look-at-espn-s-ratings.html

Your post read like code that you don't want people of color hosting what you may like to watch.

The most questionable choices were how much they paid for NFL, NBA, MLB, and rights to the college football playoff.

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

How/why is it "questionable" when 6 PM ratings have been declining for years (2013). Doesn't one have to change from the current to adjust the ratings slide from before?

http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/a-closer-look-at-espn-s-ratings.html

Your post read like code that you don't want people of color hosting what you may like to watch.

The most questionable choices were how much they paid for NFL, NBA, MLB, and rights to the college football playoff.

Not at all what I meant by my post. Those two are not good hosts. That's what has been said a lot on this thread. It's not about color of anyone. They were at their best with the Numbers Never Lie segments. The His and Hers show was pushing it to their hosting ability, so I don't understand why they put them in the 6pm slot. 

In this day and age of social media, multiple sources of sports info, why does anyone need ESPN outside of a box score or a live game/event? If I need in depth analysis I can go onto YouTube and find someone whose channel is dedicated to that. If I want to be entertained I can watch EDP.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

6 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

In this day and age of social media, multiple sources of sports info, why does anyone need ESPN outside of a box score or a live game/event? If I need in depth analysis I can go onto YouTube and find someone whose channel is dedicated to that. If I want to be entertained I can watch EDP.

Well for some of us, the TV during dinner or before bed is the only time we watch anything sports related, as the daytime / commute is spent doing work stuff or wasting time here.  Sure I check the front page of ESPN.com every now and then (and get news here), but I'm not going out of my way at all to check multiple sources just for sports highlights.

That being said, I don't watch it often, but TV highlight shows still have a purpose, even if they're not worth hundred-million dollar investments anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still watch the highlight shows on MLB Network and NHL network. They put them all in one place, they have anchors leading them, and I don't have to search them one by one on the internet where MLB and the NHL have this habit of slicing them up into individual scoring plays. I want to see the 3 minute per game coverage. ESPN has claimed they can't do highlights anymore because everyone's already seen them on the internet and I don't buy that. I've seen my own team's, but I like watching the rest of the league. 

I would watch a sportscenter that is just highlights if they still did that, but keep trying these other things I don't want to see. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived