Personal Logo

MJD7

Hey everyone,

This is a small thing and I'm sure some of you have seen this in my profile picture, but I just wanted to maybe get some comments and criticism of what you guys all think of my personal logo that I made in MS Paint.

Collection.png

These are some of the different color variations I have. Some of the inspirations behind the logo:

-The MD monogram is based on my initials. It's shaped as a home plate due to baseball being my favorite sport and the first one that I really got into.

-The star in the back has two different meanings, one being that Captain America is my favorite character in the Marvel movies, and the other is for Star Wars, probably my favorite movie franchise of all time.

I know this isn't that big of a deal, but any comments are appreciated!

I'd think of something different that could represent you besides your initials. It's the go-to for many, especially those interested in sports, so it's definitely outplayed. What you've done isn't bad, but I think you could figure out a more unique mark. 

What do you want a viewer to know about you? How do you approach design? 

What is this personal logo for? Are you branding yourself as a designer, or just a personal non-activity-specific logo?

Either way, you shoehorn yourself into baseball only. I saw the home plate right away.

What if you shrink down the MD monogram a bit...align the top of the monogram with the horizontal bar of the star, and make the point of the D meet up with the point between the two lower parts of the star?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On 2/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

I'd think of something different that could represent you besides your initials. It's the go-to for many, especially those interested in sports, so it's definitely outplayed. What you've done isn't bad, but I think you could figure out a more unique mark. 

What do you want a viewer to know about you? How do you approach design? 

These are some deep questions, haha. I honestly am having a hard time coming up with something other than initials but I'll try.

21 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The bottom left looks a lot like the marlins all star logo imo, but it's probably my favorite out of them all.

For that one the connection was certainly deliberate, that's what I intended to emulate.

17 hours ago, slapshot said:

What is this personal logo for? Are you branding yourself as a designer, or just a personal non-activity-specific logo?

Either way, you shoehorn yourself into baseball only. I saw the home plate right away.

What if you shrink down the MD monogram a bit...align the top of the monogram with the horizontal bar of the star, and make the point of the D meet up with the point between the two lower parts of the star?

This started off as something I just did over the summer for fun, but it came up again as part of a project to help me get into an AP Portfolio class next year. I just wanted to make my own version of the logos LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and others have.

In my earlier versions of making the logo I did exactly what you recommended, but that to me caused the star to be too domineering over the logo. I can make it again to show you what it looks like if you'd want.

Anyone else?

Archived