Best nfl uniforms

Rj0498

I always loved the way the Browns uniforms looked when they wore the orange pants. Really tied the whole uniform together by having the helmet and pants match. Once again, thanks Nike for screwing up another classic! 

Image result for jeff garcia browns

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

I always loved the way the Browns uniforms looked when they wore the orange pants. Really tied the whole uniform together by having the helmet and pants match. Once again, thanks Nike for screwing up another classic! 

I was going to post the same thing! Just switch to a brown facemask and go with 3 stipes on the sleeves instead of 5. It would be perfect.

1 hour ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Was making a visual list of favorites of mine and totally forgot about brown-over-orange. Thanks for the reminder!

Here are a few of my own faves. For most of these, I prefer the specific uniform shown to the other uniform(s) in the set:

Dirty Birds road set:

1998-Atlanta-Falcons-Chris-Chandler-Jamal-Anderson-05908636.jpg

Although I think pretty much every iteration of Oilers uniforms looked good, I like the Moon-era ones best. Notice how the stripes match across the helmet, jersey, and pants:

houston_oilers_w.moon_.jpg

Pre-1997 Broncos' home - loved loved how the helmet would look different shades of blue under different lighting conditions:

11-1996-Denver-Broncos-playoff-choke.jpg

Cris Carter-era Vikings, especially the roads, with the UCLA stripes around the shoulders and the Viking-head logo on the sleeves.

cris_carter.jpg

Super Bowl XVII, perhaps my favorite Super Bowl uni matchup of all time - both are fantastic:

dwight_stephenson_1983_01_30.jpg.fe7668591fb5c9363758b28eddbde993.jpg

Giants' roads. Ignore Adalius Thomas and his ugly side-paneled jersey: 

maxresdefault.jpg

Original tiger-stripe Bengals lookin' great in black:

7536150d06c21748860644ac7a0e0266.jpg

Super Bowl XXXVII, my preferred combo for both teams (although I also like the silver-shield Raiders):

super-bowl-37-2.jpg

I like both these uniforms, but I like the Chiefs' better:

abf6d1fb091e00c3b943fd144bfb61e8.jpg

Yellow helmet, dark green jersey, yellow pants, green socks=classic:

635562575530743774-cxx-rodgers-26.jpg

I've long enjoyed the look of the Brian Sipe-era Browns:

s-l225.jpg

2 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

The kelly-green Eagles throwback unis from 2010 were so beautiful.

Image result for 2010 EAGLES KELLY GREEN UNIFORMS

I think the helmet isn't as good without the outline on the wings. Uniforms were nice but a little too plain for my tastes.

I'm not much of a football guy, but here are a few of my faves:

1981-minnesota-vikings_pg_600.jpg

I picked this Vikings uniform not only for having the full stripe pattern, but also because of that gorgeous white facemask.

Indianapolis+Colts+v+Tennessee+Titans+hD Tennessee-Titans-2013-Team.jpg

The powder/white and white/powder combos for the Titans are absolutely gorgeous, and I prefer them to any Oilers uniform.

GettyImages-79378542.jpg

I gotta give it to both uniforms in this one. The fully-striped Packers is a classic look, and the white jersey/white pants/red socks Chiefs is my favorite combo of theirs.

andre_tippett_1993_09_12.jpg

The 1993 Patriots, with their tastefully-modern pants stripes, bold red accents on the socks and numbers, and use of the proper color scheme (red jerseys for the Patriots were a big mistake). Flying Elvis is also kept in moderation on the sleeves, unlike the later 1990's set.

2015-12-22_23-47-44.jpg

Yellow jerseys, bold striping, and an enduring helmet design. What's not to love?

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Whole lotta Houston Oilers going on in here.

Deservedly so. I started watching the NFL around 1990, and the Oilers were one of my favorite teams almost solely because they had sweet uniforms and ran the run 'n' shoot.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 2/28/2017 at 11:33 PM, Ark said:

Buccaneers

wFoL01Z.jpg?1

This old school Buccs uniform is primo great...I miss the orange and the buccanear logo!!! One of the last posts with the Broncos old school, with the old full Bronco helmet and nice sleeve...thumbs up!!! All the Chargers uniforms that are heavy on lightening bolts are great, but I like the baby blue.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 1975 New York Football Giants.

Image result for giants 1975 site:gettyimages.com    

giants-1975.jpg 

Related image

Image result for norm snead giants  Image result for giants nfl 1975

giants-shea.jpg

Image result for jennings giants nfl 1975

This, the best look the Giants have ever had, lasted only one year because of the whining ninnies of New Jersey, who objected to the "NY" on the helmets.

Decades later, the Giants brought back the lowercase "ny" logo.  But for a long time the "New York"-ness of the New York Giants was drastically underplayed.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

After chewing on this a bit more here are my favorite jerseys per team -- this being home or road -- not by set.

NFL-1.pngNFL-2.pngNFL-3.pngNFL-4.pngNFL-5.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 1975 New York Football Giants.

Image result for giants 1975 site:gettyimages.com    

giants-1975.jpg 

Related image

Image result for norm snead giants  Image result for giants nfl 1975

giants-shea.jpg

Image result for jennings giants nfl 1975

This, the best look the Giants have ever had, lasted only one year because of the whining ninnies of New Jersey, who objected to the "NY" on the helmets.

Decades later, the Giants brought back the lowercase "ny" logo.  But for a long time the "New York"-ness of the New York Giants was drastically underplayed.

This would be a fantastic look if they didn't have such wide pant stripes. I must admit they do look good with blue pants, though.

Archived