kimball

Rare NBA Getty Images, Google & Internet Find

Recommended Posts

That's the 96-97 preseason, I posted some more pics from that game earlier in the thread. The Jazz had a similar number issue around the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's a confusing looking game. 

 

From my assessment this is a preseason game held at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD in 1980 since the 1980-81 season was the only full season Lucas played with the Nets and the Bullets hosted a preseason tournament in the 80s.

 

490153384.thumb.jpg.7ceb017ff3f463bfe7b308737d3ee7a3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kimball said:

Well, that's a confusing looking game. 

 

From my assessment this is a preseason game held at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD in 1980 since the 1980-81 season was the only full season Lucas played with the Nets and the Bullets hosted a preseason tournament in the 80s.

 

490153384.thumb.jpg.7ceb017ff3f463bfe7b308737d3ee7a3.jpg

 

Finally, something to beat that Knicks/Hawks orange vs. red disaster from 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kimball said:

Well, that's a confusing looking game. 

 

From my assessment this is a preseason game held at the Capital Centre in Landover, MD in 1980 since the 1980-81 season was the only full season Lucas played with the Nets and the Bullets hosted a preseason tournament in the 80s.

 

490153384.thumb.jpg.7ceb017ff3f463bfe7b308737d3ee7a3.jpg

I hope we see fiascoes like this with this stupid Icon and Association BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dinking around Getty Images and I found a few fun pics ...

 

A rare picture of Pete Maravich as a member of the UTAH Jazz (played only 17 games before being waived).

 

pete-maravich-of-the-utah-jazz-drives-ag

 

Karl Malone in the Green Jazz Jerseys they stopped wearing before 1985-86 season. This was a game in SLC on St. Patrick's Day against Detroit.

 

6507346465_a545d26848_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

john-havlicek-of-the-boston-celtics-cele

 

Image from 1977, not sure when. Just had to get in a pic of one of the most underrated players ever in John Havlicek. 

 

What is going on with that cake?! Is it melting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no disrespect to the recently departed, but Hondo is a hall of famer, a member of the 50th anniversary team, and has one of the most iconic highlights in nba history.  how is he underrated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kimball said:

 

What is going on with that cake?! Is it melting?

 

Vey possible, there is no AC in old Boston Garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kimball said:

Dinking around Getty Images and I found a few fun pics ...

 

A rare picture of Pete Maravich as a member of the UTAH Jazz (played only 17 games before being waived).

 

pete-maravich-of-the-utah-jazz-drives-ag

 

Karl Malone in the Green Jazz Jerseys they stopped wearing before 1985-86 season. This was a game in SLC on St. Patrick's Day against Detroit.

 

6507346465_a545d26848_o.jpg

 

Also note: The Detroit/Utah game also appears to be a color-on-color matchup, and it seems that the Jazz have been wearing their green jerseys (when they have one) at home on or around St. Patrick’s Day for longer than I expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 7:56 AM, kimball said:

I spot this in another thread, but what caught my eye was Chris Webber's jersey compared to Ben Wallace (I believe it's him since JR Rider is on Portland). I believe this was a pre-season game since the Bullets did this with their numbers and NOB during that time frame during the 90s. 

 

52474348.thumb.jpg.55dbba9051aa649e6fec0380de9b9641.jpg

 

The Blazers look so much better without the grey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.