Rare NBA Getty Images, Google & Internet Find

This thread is wonderful, and it's unbelievable that we don't have an NBA uniform database like we do for the NHL, NFL, and MLB.

• Like 8
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

39 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

This thread is wonderful, and it's unbelievable that we don't have an NBA uniform database like we do for the NHL, NFL, and MLB.

I agree. I would be the first one to jump on that, but I am not that good at Illustrator and Photoshop as many are on this board.

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/3/2017 at 0:37 PM, kimball said:

A few things from the New Orleans Jazz that I found ...

I am trying to date this picture. I believe it's in 1974 -- the Jazz's inaugural season. The logo on the jersey is very simplified version (with no basketball in the note) of the team logo and from what I've seen has only been used on the road. As all of the home game pictures from 1974 (as seen below) are the refined and detailed logo. I'm not sure if this was a whole season thing or first couple of months, etc.?

490525924.jpg

This is from the 1974 season -- as it was the only season Pistol Pete wore #44 with the Jazz. I'm not sure if he changed midseason, but he eventually changed to #7. These jerseys also have the simplified note logo on them. I just used this picture, because I love the "Pistol" nickname on the back of the jersey.

74640550.jpg

A few things from this picture -- 1) It's from the inaugural season, 2) It's being played in the Municipal Auditorium (one of two arenas the Jazz used before moving into the Superdome the following year) -- notice the elevated court and net. 3) The Jazz are wearing a detailed logo on the home white jersey unlike the roads. 4) Notice Rudy Tomjanovich's nickname on the back of his jersey. 5) I love the gold on these Rockets jerseys.

98127401.jpg

BAR NONE by favorite NBA warmup. Great use of the Jazz's basketball logo. Seriously makes me miss team's unique warmup designs. I nope Nike brings that back (doubt it).

84834829.jpg

I haven't seen an in game picture -- and don't expect to find one -- of Walt Bellamy in a Jazz jersey as he played in only one game before retiring. But, at least this picture exists.

53274377.jpg

when i saw that Jazz warmup jacket, i thought, did i just take some brown acid?  

• Like 3

so long and thanks for all the fish.

I love these quirky one season jerseys worn by the Mavericks.

The first being the blue jersey in their inaugural season (1980-81). The following year they switched to green in the same design.

96362399.jpg

Then in 1991-92 the Mavericks switched to a blocked number and font in green. They wore this one season before switching to the familiar blue version in 1992-93. 

587756066.jpg

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

Oh, it's been tried. I've been a part of several such databases over the years, but none have ever got off the ground. Heck, my first website back in 1996 was a small page full of various jerseys I'd clumsily drawn in Microsoft Paint. It's one of my dreams to be able to view a site such as NHLuniforms.com or Dressed To The Nines dedicated to the NBA (and ABA, and might as well chuck the CBA in there too, they had some interesting unis).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Discogod said:

Oh, it's been tried. I've been a part of several such databases over the years, but none have ever got off the ground. Heck, my first website back in 1996 was a small page full of various jerseys I'd clumsily drawn in Microsoft Paint. It's one of my dreams to be able to view a site such as NHLuniforms.com or Dressed To The Nines dedicated to the NBA (and ABA, and might as well chuck the CBA in there too, they had some interesting unis).

http://abajerseys.com/

• Like 1

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Kyrie-Irving-NBA-Draft-First-Pick-Clevel

Kyrie Irving, #15 instead of #2

walker_050302.jpg

Antoine Walker, #88 instead of #8

124050-8373409Fr.jpg

Blazers' home in Black text (early 91-92)

OOY1cBC.png

92-95 Hawks' unis vs. 95-02 Rockets' unis (Preseason)

s435214573511300858_p4568_i1_w594.jpeg

94-97 Hornets' alternates vs. 97-01 Warriors' homes (Preseason)

532687.jpg

Alan Henderson and the old NBA Most Improved Player trophy design.

oct-2001-guard-brent-barry-of-the-seattl

Sonics and Warriors wearing old uniforms before debut of new ones during 01-02 season

oct-2001-isaac-austin-of-the-memphis-gri

Memphis and Seattle

• Like 1

Speaking of the Raptors at Maple Leaf Gardens.....

Vince Carter Classics : News Photo

According to basketball-reference.com this was the Raptors' only game at the old building in 1999.

So this was the only time Vince Carter ever played at Maple Leaf Gardens.

Oh and it was the home opener. So this is the only time Vinsanity was at the old building.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MkDon said:

Why do the Pistons teal uniforms sometimes look blue? Did they had bluish uniforms or it was because of the lights in some arenas that made them look like that.

You answered your own question. Lighting. 

• Like 1

kimball banner.png