Edmonton Oilers Concept

NoE38_Concepts

This is my latest concept, for the Edmonton Oilers. I'm not a fan of them changing to orange, but I understand why they would do it, because of the dawn of a 'new era'. So for my concept, I wanted to try something different while not straying too far from their current identity, with one goal being to make the orange more prominent. I used two stripes plus a cuff for the arms, and two stripes for the hem, because a traditional team needs traditional jerseys. There are no shoulder patches as they have never worn them. The font used is the traditional block font that the team was always used, but without outlines.

okpn37.png

Any C&C is appreciated!

Side Note: Does anybody out there know how to do jersey swaps, mostly in paint.net? I would like to know so that I could see how the jerseys would look like in real life.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

I'm still shaken over the fact that primary blue Oilers jerseys are no more, so i appreciate you didn't succumb to the trend. The away jersey is near perfection but i don't feel like it translates to the home well. Its not terrible or anything, it just doesn't feel right. I do agree an orange yoke will help a lot with that and make the new striping fit in more, or another option would be to make the numbers orange with an white outline. I really like this concept as a whole though, nice work.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I love these! I just have a couple suggestions to make... The orange sleeve cuffs don't add anything to the set, they actually take away the simplicity, same with the white yoke on the blue jersey. I also think the colours of the collar parts should be switched on each jersey so the top part would be orange on both sets and the bottoms would match the jersey itself.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

OK, I've come up with 5 different options for the home jersey. I think the road is good as is, so I mostly left it unchanged.

A: The Original Set.

B: Based on @Zeus89725's feedback, I removed the yoke from set A.

C: Set A but with all the orange and white on the home jersey switched.

D: Set A but with out cuffs, based on @ldconcepts's suggestion.

E: Set D with the orange and white switched.

2dsk5j8.png

Which one(s) do you think work best?

spacer.png

I like B, I like parts of E.

It's color balance. The Oilers are like, 60/40 blue/orange, and you have to hit that mix or you get the Islanders, who are like 80/20. That's what's off. You have to figure out which combination accomplishes that.

The blue uniform of B seems perfect, but I'm curious if white cuffs on the blue uniform of E is better.

The white uniform of B looks like it's too orange, what if you swapped the blue and orange sleeve/hem stripes on that?

I was going to try to figure it out from E, but what about the blue uniform of A with an orange yoke?

Also, I think the socks should match the sleeves, in whatever format you use. 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You say, you're making the orange more prominent, but you removed it from the shoulder yoke lol. Otherwise, it's a good look, I'm just not personally a fan of any change for the Oil, but as far as concepts go, this is pretty solid. Not a fan of the darker blue though.

Once again, thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated! It looks like I will be going with E, but with some edits.

3 hours ago, hockey week said:

I like B, I like parts of E.

It's color balance. The Oilers are like, 60/40 blue/orange, and you have to hit that mix or you get the Islanders, who are like 80/20. That's what's off. You have to figure out which combination accomplishes that.

The blue uniform of B seems perfect, but I'm curious if white cuffs on the blue uniform of E is better.

The white uniform of B looks like it's too orange, what if you swapped the blue and orange sleeve/hem stripes on that?

I was going to try to figure it out from E, but what about the blue uniform of A with an orange yoke?

Also, I think the socks should match the sleeves, in whatever format you use. 

I'm not sure about the change, and that's because I want the orange/white on the home and blue/orange on the away to alternate on the way up, as you can see for the concepts. I will definitely take this into consideration, but it may not happen. As for the socks, I'll add those to my edits. Thank for the suggestions!

2 hours ago, ujju2 said:

You say, you're making the orange more prominent, but you removed it from the shoulder yoke lol. Otherwise, it's a good look, I'm just not personally a fan of any change for the Oil, but as far as concepts go, this is pretty solid. Not a fan of the darker blue though.

That's odd. I got the colours from Colorwerx, which has the correct colours for each team. It might be the monitor, I see different colour sometimes on concepts.

spacer.png

Archived