Portland Trail Blazers 2017/18

upperV03

The Blazers have already announced that they'll be changing their logos and uniforms for next season, so I thought I'd offer my take as an avid Blazers fan and Portland resident. In what will probably be somewhat of a controversial decision, I've decided to replace black with a dark gray, which I have labeled "Steel gray" as a tribute to the nearby Steel Bridge. I've paired that with a rich and brighter red color than the one currently in use. For the logo I chose to rotate the pinwheel back to its original positioning, and I made each of the colored lines thicker. In addition, the logo features a thin white background with the team name arched over the right side. The secondary mark is a slight alteration to a logo that they have quietly started using in some of their marketing materials. It's a roundel with the suggestion of a basketball on top, and the Fremont Bridge on the bottom. The ripcity wordmark is in the middle, with "est. 1970" towards the bottom. The new font is called Kankin and it's meant to invoke somewhat of a retro feel, while also being modern and easily paired with the font used for the ripcity wordmark. The court features dark gray out of bounds areas, with white for the keys and red on top. This is meant to be a tribute to the court used in the 90's. The primary uniforms are also meant to evoke those used in the 90's, except this time the diagonal striping has a thin stripe in the middle of the two larger stripes. The alternate uniforms are meant to play off of their championship uniforms, especially the road alternate, which has vertical text on the chest. The home alternate is the ripcity uniform. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for looking.

IMG_2626.PNGIMG_2627.PNGIMG_2628.PNGIMG_2630.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm digging this! I really like the logos (great idea wrapping the text around the right side!), the fonts, and the white keys of the court brings back some great 90's nostalgia! The one thing I'm not totally sold on is the dark grey; it looks alright, I just think black will still look better and help the red stand out more.

All in all though, very solid and I feel headed towards the right direction! Great work!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived