FinsUp's Texas Rangers

FinsUp1214

I've had this concept kicking around for a few months and have always intended it to be part of an MLB-wide redesign project, but haven't gotten around to the rest of the league yet at all. So to get it out there and take a pulse, I'm gonna post it on its' own anyways.

Its fairly self explainitory, but just for some brief context - I'm a big fan of the 90's red-clad Rangers. It's easily my favorite Rangers look, and that was an obvious driving force, but I also threw in a few other different things here and there. The Ryan-era "Rangers" script is back, a new logo inspired by the diamond logo of the 90's replaces the too-Expos-for-comfort current primary, and I'm giving a bit of a darker grey a shot on the roads. It's not intended to be as dark as the WBC dark greys or Arizona's, but darker than the norm nonetheless. Just something to differentiate from other red-clad teams and a look Texas could own!

So with that...morph into: Red Rangers!

IMG_5850.PNG

IMG_5849.PNG

IMG_5851.PNG

Let me know what you think! C&C appreciated as always!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

A friendly bump with purpose, if I may!

I forgot to add, the action templates used are new ones I'm trying out. I wanted to showcase the uniform in various possible actions and settled on designing these three based on images of Nomar Mazara, Yu Darvish, and Francisco Lindor. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the templates as well as the uniform and logos!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Nice job on the Rangers. I like that you brought back the script "Rangers" and committed to just one color. I'm not quite sure how well this shade of red would pop on a dark gray uniform, though.

You definitely have my support to tackle the rest of the league!

I really like what you've done with the red-centric Rangers! The script is a nice touch (especially because their primary script is a little too close to the Angels' font for comfort), as is the simple placket striping and use of a dark grey for the road uniforms. I'm also happy that you got rid of that crummy Texas flag patch. My only real complaints revolve around the drop shadow on the cap logo (which is more the Rangers' fault), and the lack of sock striping (a series of white and/or blue stripes on the socks could look good).

I'd love to see your take on the rest of the league, especially with those action templates!

Thank you all very much for the comments! Much appreciated! And now I'm pumped and motivated to try out the rest of the league, too. I'll see if I can send some stuff down the pipe here in the coming weeks!

I've got some potential sock stripe ideas for Texas too. I've got three at least bouncing around in my head, so I'll give 'em a go and see how they turn out!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived