sicknick459

Hi

So as a Brit living here in the US I love the NFL, many at home love it too which is why we are certain to get a team in the near future especially since the NFL gave $125 million towards Tottenham Hotspurs new stadium.

On that note when we do get a team what shall our name be? Colours look extra. I have had this discussion on here before and came to realize that although the natural conclusion is to go red white and blue for the national colours, on reflection too many teams in the NFL have this colour scheme. Thus for us to have a successful team we need to stand out and be unique.

Another problem is most NFL UK have a team getting them to switch allegiances will be tough, however this will not happen if the team has London as its place name. Like how Boston Patriots became New England Patriots, we have to represent our whole island. Four Nations will unite us all around one team. when thinking of a symbol to unite us I looked no further than the British Bulldogs.

I looked at all the teams and originally wanted to go with a ww1 British uniform colour however the colour was a bit too sickly green. Yet brown kept appearing during this period for uniforms and when I blended the dark red with the brown and silver I thought I had hit on something unique.

The patch on the jersey I quickly through together but wanted the final design to have a patch that had a flower from each of the four countries in the Uk, English rose, Scottish thistle etc.

The only problem i'm having is I have only just started graphic design and I'm not ready to make my own fonts yet. I really want to get tee shirts made of this concept so I can support the idera of us getting a team in the NFL but feel I need a great word mark to tie the brand together.

Would any one on here be willing to make a word mark based of my idea that I could use? I would be so Grateful.

Other than that let me know your thoughts on my concept, as I greatly value the community's opinion given how talented you all are.

Thanks for taking the time to look :)

buldog head final2small.png

bulldog kit.png

Welcome on the boards as a designer!

I really like your idea and the logo is nice but the colors are not working as they are now. I mean that the brown fur blends too much with the darker brown of the border. You could adjust that just by making the dog fur lighter. On the brown jersey the lighter brown script is not working too, it should look better in white.

The flower patch is a clever touch but it is pretty small to see on the jersey, maybe you could make it bigger on another pic.

The bulldog collar is not looking curved smoothly but that is a minor flaw easy to fix.

My critics are just to help you improve your very nice work. If anything is not clear you are most welcome to ask for explanation ^_^.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

4 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Welcome on the boards as a designer!

I really like your idea and the logo is nice but the colors are not working as they are now. I mean that the brown fur blends too much with the darker brown of the border. You could adjust that just by making the dog fur lighter. On the brown jersey the lighter brown script is not working too, it should look better in white.

The flower patch is a clever touch but it is pretty small to see on the jersey, maybe you could make it bigger on another pic.

The bulldog collar is not looking curved smoothly but that is a minor flaw easy to fix.

My critics are just to help you improve your very nice work. If anything is not clear you are most welcome to ask for explanation ^_^.

Thank you means allot, I went back brightened up the colour a bit and made the shadows lighter, which I think is what you were getting at. The collar is a bit more difficult to fix right now. Let me know your thoughts on the update.

bulldog shadow1.png

3 hours ago, Ciaranowls said:

I think it would work better if the bulldog was a light gray, and instead of brown try navy

When coming up with the concept I consulted with my friends back home who love the NFL try loads of differnt colour combinations including something similar to this and they preferred the red. When it comes to navy felt to many teams in the NFL have blue even if it is in the British colour scheme.

bulldog shadow.png

2 hours ago, seancarter said:

there's no way that united kingdom will in imbrace gridiron football as sport 

The London NFL games have always sold out, most within minuets! World football will always be king followed by rugby and cricket other than that there is a gap. NFL is something different and enough support it for us to warrant a team proved by the NFL actions to give us a team in the near future. 

Just now, Ciaranowls said:

this concept looks really good. i hope you continue to make more in the future.

Thanks I will see this through to making tee's and hopefully a jersey if I can find someone to make it. However really need help on the word mark I don't have the skills yet to do that :(

Archived