Inspired by the chaos and fights in this thread, I decided to update the Colorado Avalanche's logo. Here it is below.

Pres Layers.png

It isn't a whole lot better than their current logo, but I tried to go off of what everybody in the thread said. Make the 'A' smaller and not-curved, and turn the oval into a circle. Only thing I did on my own was brighten the burgundy.

I threw it together quickly and I don't like it that much, but I figured it'd be worth it to post.

What do you think?

It's a nice modernization, however I think if they were to update this logo they should just drop the A.

The Avs, Rockies, (post-2007) Ducks and Diamondbacks are the only Big-4 American pro teams that use the first letter of their nickname to symbolize whatever name of the team in a main logo, which I think is a silly thing to do.

In my opinion, if you make a logo, it should symbolize the team name enough so that you don't have to symbolize it further by including the first letter and if you need to include a letter relate it to the city, not the nickname. 

I think a nice update to that logo would be simply turning the A into a mountain and using that opportunity to the C a bit stronger.

5 hours ago, User9113 said:

[...]

The Avs, Rockies, (post-2007) Ducks and Diamondbacks are the only Big-4 American pro teams that use the first letter of their nickname to symbolize whatever name of the team in a main logo, which I think is a silly thing to do.

[...]

The Angels, Atheltics, Orioles, Bengals, Rockets, Pacers, Canadiens and (in a stylized way) Jazz and Falcons say hello

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

7 hours ago, User9113 said:

I think a nice update to that logo would be simply turning the A into a mountain and using that opportunity to the C a bit stronger.

The whole point of this was to move away from the 'C'. I personally believe that the Rockies-esque logo the Avs have is their best, but this was just to update their current primary.

Archived