2017-18 CHL Logos/Jerseys

T-ROY

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've never liked any of the aesthetics for this team since day 1.

that alternate jersey is pretty sexy, however. the logo is a little too ripped from the pages of a comic book, but something about the hem and sleeve stripes really speaks to me. gorgeous. and just about the first time i've seen that color scheme look good on ANY team since the pens unveiled their first vegas gold alternate with the shiny dazzle fabric.

Wow. As someone who's been nonplused by the PEI Islanders branding since day one, I'm really impressed. The light house logo is lightyears better than their current primary. It manages to succeed at everything the primary logo gets wrong...and there are many things wrong with the primary. I just hope the jersey and associated merch sells well enough to convince the organization to go to the new design full time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Kootenay ICE (It appears the name is spelt in capitals. I have noticed it for a couple seasons now on the WHL and Ice website).

C-xi27oWAAMZfsi.jpg

I think the lightning bolt shaped piece of hair extends too much and I'm not sure about the font for a sports team, but it's a needed update for the previous dated logo.

IEI5Tg1.png

On 5/1/2017 at 6:28 PM, monkeypower said:

New Kootenay ICE (It appears the name is spelt in capitals. I have noticed it for a couple seasons now on the WHL and Ice website).

C-xi27oWAAMZfsi.jpg

I think the lightning bolt shaped piece of hair extends too much and I'm not sure about the font for a sports team, but it's a needed update for the previous dated logo.

They came so close to a truly rock-solid logo! 

Since you drew attention to the "head-bolt" it's just about all I can see of the logo...it pulls the eye away from the face (which should be the focal point) and throws off the balance of the logo. Speaking of balance, it took me a minute to realize that the odd blue shapes on the left-hand side of the logo spell out the word ICE...the letters are jarringly shoehorned into the logo and the whole concept is trying too hard to be clever. If you lose the blue text and give the yeti a haircut I think you'd have much tighter and better balanced design.

But as other's have said...an improvement.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the CCM deal is up for the CHL jerseys? If i remember correctly they were 2 seasons behind the nhl to the edge platform, would that be the same wait time before a potential adidas take over there?

7 hours ago, OMMF said:

New Moose Jaw Warriors for next season. No hem stripe is disappointing but if they matched the arm stripes it would look even worse.

MJ2.PNG

MJ1.PNG

These are pretty bad. The black one is going to look like a practice jersey if you're more than 6 feet away. Red that thin on black with no border is just going to blend into the base colour.

Also their logo is in sore need of an update. If nothing else just modernize the font please.

8 hours ago, OMMF said:

New Moose Jaw Warriors for next season. No hem stripe is disappointing but if they matched the arm stripes it would look even worse.

MJ2.PNG

MJ1.PNG

Worst in the CHL? These are incredibly embarassing. The logo, the contrasting nameplates, the lack of hem stripes and the arm striping. What a trainwreck...

The four stripes represent the four straight cups won by Moose Jaw native Clark Gillies.

The Warriors desperately need slight modernization of their logo. They've had the same crudely drawn head for 30 years, while the wordmark has gotten progressively more Xtreme.

On May 1, 2017 at 6:28 PM, monkeypower said:

C-xi27oWAAMZfsi.jpg

Archived