Disney Parks March Magic is Back

Cosmic

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/03/photos-disney-parks-march-magic-back-first-look-18-t-shirt-designs/

This is at least the second year they've done this. I like a lot of the team names this year; there are some good inside references, and few of what I'd consider "misses". Some of the names don't really make sense in the sports team context. Favorite logo would probably be the Phoenicians or the Sea Serpents. Favorite name is the Tommies.

These are great!  I wish I'd have seen any of these shirts when I was in Hollywood Studios last week.  They're all really good but I especially like the Toontown Cabbies logo with Roger Rabbit.

IUe6Hvh.png

34 minutes ago, See Red said:

These are great!  I wish I'd have seen any of these shirts when I was in Hollywood Studios last week.  They're all really good but I especially like the Toontown Cabbies logo with Roger Rabbit.

They aren't in the parks. They are pre-order. Once the window is up, they print and ship.

gYH2mW9.png

Here are the rest of the Disneyland ones. These are all great and I'd definitely get some, but they don't ship outside of the States/to Canada.

All the t-shirts have numbers on the back which correspond to something related to the attraction, most being the year opened. A weird note though is that most of the teams in the bracket that are from both parks use the Disneyland year despite being a part of the Disney World bracket. 

For example, the Internationals, Cannonballs, Goats, Skippers and Rebel Spies use their Disneyland opening date. But going the other way are the Vultures and Star Porters who use the Disney World opening date, though the Star Porters use the Disneyland rockets.

The weirdest though is the Cadets. The name on the bracket is Astro Orbiter, which is the Disney World spelling, but the logo and the shirt say Astro Orbitor, the Disneyland spelling. It also uses 95 as the number, not sure where that comes from.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

The weirdest though is the Cadets. The name on the bracket is Astro Orbiter, which is the Disney World spelling, but the logo and the shirt say Astro Orbitor, the Disneyland spelling. It also uses 95 as the number, not sure where that comes from.

You're correct on the spellings...I never realized they were different between the 2 parks. I'm pretty certain the 95 on the back is a reference to when the massive Tomorrowland refurbishment was completed in 1995. Prior to the refurb, they were the Star Jets. I see that Wikipedia says the Star Jets were closed in January 94 and reopened in April of the same year....that seems like a very short time frame for that refurb on the ride. I saw another site noting that the Astro Orbiter in WDW opened in June 1995.

gYH2mW9.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

For example, the Internationals, Cannonballs, Goats, Skippers and Rebel Spies use their Disneyland opening date. But going the other way are the Vultures and Star Porters who use the Disney World opening date, though the Star Porters use the Disneyland rockets.

I was ready to say that they went by which resort had each ride first, but the Vultures blew that theory out of the water.

Archived