Miami Marlins Redesign

Bruins

So, I recently became aware the of the Miami Marlins batting practice logo, and let me just say, I'm a huge fan. Such a big fan that I would like to see it become their full time logo, which is the direction I went in with this concept. I used Brandon Moore's excellent Nike template, which I first became aware of through the Neat-O Gang, and completely eliminated all the extraneous colors from their color scheme, focusing on just orange and sky blue.

image.png

image.jpeg

Home- As with all the jerseys, I used a blue hat and helmet with orange brim and blue socks. The main accent pattern is a simple two toned stripe on the sleeve's edge and the side of the pants, and the #OB stays similar to their current with 3D effect, because you know, Miami.

image.jpeg

Away- Identical design as the home.

image.jpeg

Alternate 1- This is the alternate I envision as being their main alternate, worn both at home and on the road. Still very similar to the previous two, with white numbers with orange shadow.

image.jpeg

Alternate 2- I don't really like when teams have two similar alternates, such as the Marlins do, so I shook up the Orange jersey with the recolored M on the left breast, blue sleeves, and the Flag of Miami as a sleeve patch. I would envision this as being only worn at home, with it having a "Miami Pride" kind of theme.

What do you think of this new look for the Miami Marlins? Upgrade, Downgrade, still meh? C&C appreciated as always, thanks!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I'm not a fan of the M logo. There just isn't enough contrast in the two oranges on the M.

Secondly, what you've put out is very reminiscent of something the New York Mets would wear, a team in the same division. The design itself isn't an issue though, so I'd maybe go with some different colors. I would love the teal to return, personally.

On its own merits this is a solid concept, but I agree with @Dan O'Mac that this makes the Fish look too much like the division rival Mets. Maybe go with a lighter shade of blue?

BwIkU32CUAAnme4.jpg

I too feel the red in the logo is unnecessary and doesn't contrast enough with the orange. Also not a huge fan of the numbers style you used. I'd either use their current one or find a more 'art deco' numbers style.

6 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'm not a fan of the M logo. There just isn't enough contrast in the two oranges on the M.

Secondly, what you've put out is very reminiscent of something the New York Mets would wear, a team in the same division. The design itself isn't an issue though, so I'd maybe go with some different colors. I would love the teal to return, personally.

Those are the same two shades as are in the actual logo, but I agree they are two similar, I can change that. I'm not totally blind to that comparison, in fact I was kind of worried about how much these might have resembled the Mets, (part of the reason I added blue sleeves to the orange alt. was because I thought it had looked to similar to the "Los Mets" jersey) but I thought the shade of blue was different enough to separate the identities. I hear everyone loud and clear though, will probably change to teal after tweaking.

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

On its own merits this is a solid concept, but I agree with @Dan O'Mac that this makes the Fish look too much like the division rival Mets. Maybe go with a lighter shade of blue?

BwIkU32CUAAnme4.jpg

I too feel the red in the logo is unnecessary and doesn't contrast enough with the orange. Also not a huge fan of the numbers style you used. I'd either use their current one or find a more 'art deco' numbers style.

I was actually pretty happy with the font, but since it's not too different than the current I can easily make the switch.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, will make the adjustments!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

16 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I have to agree unfortunately, every time the Mets and the marlins would play each other, (18 times a year, or at least it used to be) it would get very confusing to tell who's who 

Archived