NHL All Star Game in Vegas - Crosby/Metro Jersey Swap!

OhioSportsMan61

Hey all, this is a little something that I've been working on recently. This idea was originally intended to be submitted to HJC's pairs competition, but @McElroy19 and I couldn't fully put together our ideas and submit before the deadline (but thanks for helping out and giving me feedback throughout the entire design process Matt!).

EventLogos_zpsj939d2ya.png

and here is what the main mark looks like on a white background (and in BW).

EventLogosBW_zpsdlznlaqs.png

I'm definitely open to all C&C, as this is by no means a "finished" project. I am just a bit stuck on what I could possibly change/add/etc. to make this a stronger mark - if anything even needs to be edited at all. Any thoughts? 

Oh, and uniforms are on their way too

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Really nice! Everything about this screams "Vegas", and "great logo design"! I don't know if it's the colour scheme, lettering, neon details, or any of the little Easter eggs, but I am in love with this design. At first glance, I would've suggested changing the "ALL STAR" font to that of Vegas' wordmark, but the more I look at it, the more I like what you have here. Looking forward to seeing uniforms!

EDIT: Actually this dark colour scheme that Foley stuck you with might blend together on smaller, darker applications, but I'm not sure how I'd fix that.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

15 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

this guy always makes the best logos. 

Thank you!

18 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

EDIT: Actually this dark colour scheme that Foley stuck you with might blend together on smaller, darker applications, but I'm not sure how I'd fix that.

What other color palettes would you suggest trying out to fix this issue?

Any other feedback on what could be changed?

2LYbxnm.png

Just now, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Thank you!

What other color palettes would you suggest trying out to fix this issue?

Any other feedback on what could be changed?

I'm not too sure... It looked nice on a desktop screen, then a little more muddled on mobile... I really do like the colour scheme you have here, but for that reason it may not work. Maybe lighten up the red and the gold to a yellow? It's probably fine how it is, but you never know...

Really just nitpicking here; this would've blown away the Pairs Comp, but for the wordmark, the extended spacing for "Fabulous Las Vegas" to match the rest of the mark doesn't look as nice as it does on the logo itself. What would it look like with the spacing unchanged?

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

I'm not too sure... It looked nice on a desktop screen, then a little more muddled on mobile... I really do like the colour scheme you have here, but for that reason it may not work. Maybe lighten up the red and the gold to a yellow? It's probably fine how it is, but you never know...

Really just nitpicking here; this would've blown away the Pairs Comp, but for the wordmark, the extended spacing for "Fabulous Las Vegas" to match the rest of the mark doesn't look as nice as it does on the logo itself. What would it look like with the spacing unchanged?

I will post an updated word mark when I get the chance, but here are a few different color options

EventLogosbright_zpsoh3pautw.png

I lightened up the red that was used, and eliminated the gray in one.

EventLogosbright2_zpskr5nkw4r.png

Eliminated gold altogether, and lightened up the red.

Thoughts?

2LYbxnm.png

The logo looks great Ohio...You've got the sign...the circle letters...and some neon...nicely done.

Unfortunately you've got the drab official colours to try to work with.

I liked your original colouring, but maybe with a lighter, brighter gold, a silver rather than the gray, and a more orange-y red.

Again, the logo's great!

28 minutes ago, cubsfan2015 said:

/concept forum 

I think you blew my mind. This is so perfect in every-single-thing. You deserve an award,my man.

Haha thank you!

34 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

The logo looks great Ohio...You've got the sign...the circle letters...and some neon...nicely done.

Unfortunately you've got the drab official colours to try to work with.

I liked your original colouring, but maybe with a lighter, brighter gold, a silver rather than the gray, and a more orange-y red.

Again, the logo's great!

Thanks Sparky!

Here's an update based off your suggestions. I lightened up the gold and red in both, and changed the gray to silver in one.

EventLogosbright_zpsqz2mb9su.png

I'm trying to envision what this would look like as a center-ice logo, and what would look better. 

Thoughts?

2LYbxnm.png

14 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Light grey looks really good. It allows for everything to pop without straying too far from Vegas' color scheme. 

Yeah, I'm starting to come around to the lighter gray/silver. My only issue with it is that it pops so much that it takes away attention from "ALL STAR". I think I may have a solution...

First version is unchanged, second version I flipped the silver and gold.

EventLogosbright_zpss5w6pofn.png

Thoughts? I think I may still prefer the first option

2LYbxnm.png

4 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Yeah, I'm starting to come around to the lighter gray/silver. My only issue with it is that it pops so much that it takes away attention from "ALL STAR". I think I may have a solution...

First version is unchanged, second version I flipped the silver and gold.

EventLogosbright_zpss5w6pofn.png

Thoughts? I think I may still prefer the first option

The bottom one is gorgeous.

20 hours ago, H11K said:

I personally thought that the bright gold and red worked the best, that said, this looks like it is the real deal, perfect execution.

16 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

The newest 2nd one is my favorite of the bunch. I think the colors really pop.

And the design itself is really good. Well done!

16 hours ago, Hoovuh said:

The bottom one is gorgeous.

8 hours ago, NoE38 said:

These logos are unreal. Definitely would have won the pairs comp. IMO the first version still looks best. Great Work as always!

Thank you everyone!

Anymore feedback on the color options? Hopefully I will get a chance to post uniforms later on today. 

Side note - if anyone would like to share a center ice template I could use for this project, it would be greatly appreciated!

2LYbxnm.png

On 3/15/2017 at 2:11 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

EventLogosbright_zpsoh3pautw.png

Top one is the best version IMO. Utilizes the team's color scheme the greatest. I don't see the point in overdoing the neon when the team's identity is so bland.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived