March Madness by Nike (Iowa)

bucknut42

Lemme start by saying these are wonderful. More specifically, I'd like to see white replace the black on Tennessee's. I've just always pictured Tennessee as an orange and white school and the black seems aggressive for me. On Wichita State, I love the use of both of the scripts. Some people might say pick one but I think they both fit in the space given. One suggestion for WSU would be to match the collar with the shoulder. It might look better if it were on a player but seeing it in this format draws my eyes to it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As recommended by @MDTrey4, Tennessee with white instead of black, and WSU with a matching collar. 

xIs1cVW.png

DDT2CVU.png

Also, new team! The overall number 1 seed, the Virginia Cavaliers. 

pGmisSf.png

I wanted a non-traditional look for the Cavs, hence the jagged and angular font. The stripe resembles a cavalier sword, and the shorts logo is the state of Virginia with the crossing swords from the "V" logo of the school. 

spacer.png

Thank you all for the kind words for the series! Tonight, amidst all the upsets, one team who stood strong and DEMOLISHED Radford comes to the series next. The Villanova Wildcats everybody!

wk2rijI.png

So to be totally honest, I struggled to come up with something for Villanova. They have such a simple set and simple look to them, so I took a little fauxback look (yes I like fake throwback uniforms) and also made it classic. Lemme know what you think!

spacer.png

Update to Villanova, I removed the serif on the V on the shorts and turned it more into a negative space. I'll have the next team up later tonight, maybe. I'm a little distracted by the actual basketball happening. 

SdQvyHd.png

spacer.png

Round of 32 underway today, and I've got two more teams who both got the job done in the first round. 

For Gonzaga, I went with a John Stockton era throwback jersey, just a simple replica of what Stockton wore when he was a bulldog. 

PWkB7bx.png

For Michigan State, it's nothing revolutionary. Simple green jersey with sharp accents to "create a feel of motion and angular movement similar to a spartan in battle" or whatever Nike would say.

wXS5OAe.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I AM BACK WITH A BOOM. Boomer Sooner that is, as the 9 seed in the south gets the special Bucknut treatment. 

A cream uniform for the Sooners with crimson accents, tied together with a western-style script wordmark. The shorts logo is my modernized version of the boomer wagon logo, which I have attached below for a better view.

8mOFwxI.png

z1Pcwsn.png

Also, does anybody have possible recommendations for things to do with Duke? I've been struggling with the Devils for a while now and wanna knock them out.

Gonna keep the teams rolling with another one tomorrow, maybe tonight if I'm feeling good. March=madness and I love it.

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Duke has so many good word marks, just pick one. (I wouldn’t do black though)

Definitely want to avoid black, might try and make one of the wordmarks the central part of the design. 

spacer.png

I feel that arizona should go with orange rather than red. Do duke next!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

The 'Cuse is loose! The west's 8 seed this year that magically and inexplicably performs well in March is our next team. It's nothing major, but the shorts stripe is meant to represent the roof of the Carrier dome. Another team will be coming tomorrow at the latest.

WGEa8Te.png

spacer.png

Archived