MLS Jersey Concept

1RinRin

I've been lurking here for a while, and I finally decided to post something of my own. I'm only just starting out, so c&c is greatly appreciated. 

I will try to get through every team in the MLS, home and away, but I might go back and add some third jerseys if it goes well. 

Teams:

Atlanta United FC - Updated

Chicago Fire

Columbus Crew SC

D.C. United - Updated

Montreal Impact - Updated

New England Revolution - Updated

New York City FC

New York Red Bulls

Orlando City SC - Updated

Philadelphia Union

Toronto FC

Colorado Rapids

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

LA Galaxy - Updated

Minnesota United FC

Portland Timbers

Real Salt Lake

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders FC - Updated

Sporting Kansas City

Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Updated

sounder:seahawk.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Welcome to the boards! Just an FYI, you should have a concept ready when you post or else the topic will be locked. Excited to see this series!

Let the moderators do the moderating.

Anyways, I think these designs are good! I'd make the gradient a little smaller on the first kit, if that makes sense. Still really professional looking, and good.

I'm excited to see where this series progresses! It already looks really good.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:40 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Let the moderators do the moderating.

Anyways, I think these designs are good! I'd make the gradient a little smaller on the first kit, if that makes sense. Still really professional looking, and good.

I'm excited to see where this series progresses! It already looks really good.

Thanks a lot! I assume what you mean by smaller gradient is to make the amount of blue smaller, and if so, I'll work on that. Thanks again. 

On 3/22/2017 at 7:57 AM, johnnybgoode said:

I really like the idea behind the Whitecaps, but the contrast between the top and the bottom is too strong. I'd try lightening up the blue and maybe making the transition more of a gradient, same with the away.

Weird. I like the concept behind the Whitecaps kit as well, but for me it's exactly because of the stark contrast the mountain/wave zigzag has with the rest of the tops. I feel it's surprisingly clean for such a unique design element.

• 3 weeks later...

Up next, we travel to the other side of the country to the capital, DC United.

Home: I tried to keep this one clean and simple 

Gg44iMb.jpg

Away: I went with a split style, using the washington monument as the midline. Not quite sure how i feel about the shorts and socks though...

11guhHt.jpg

Seattle: Really digging both, and I usually don't like gradients.
Vancouver: Hard to see those and not think of Charlie Brown.
DC: The black uni is spot on. The clash uni, I mean, there's so many jokes out there about the Washington Monument being phallic, but it's doubly so with this placement.
Atlanta: Not digging the fade on the stripes. Seconding the white uni being in the LAFC vein.

rATMcmK.png

29 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

Seattle: Really digging both, and I usually don't like gradients.
Vancouver: Hard to see those and not think of Charlie Brown.
DC: The black uni is spot on. The clash uni, I mean, there's so many jokes out there about the Washington Monument being phallic, but it's doubly so with this placement.
Atlanta: Not digging the fade on the stripes. Seconding the white uni being in the LAFC vein.

Hit the nail on the head (pun intended) with that analysis.

In all seriousness, I feel like almost all of these designs are decent but lacking in execution. The gradient on the Seattle home kit doesn't seem executed all that well, especially the way in which it continues on the socks. The away feels a bit uninspired, and both Vancouver designs are pretty obscure (also not sure why you went with black on the away). I'll echo what the others have said regarding the other designs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2017 at 8:38 PM, joob said:

Atlanta's home kit looks pretty clean. A little too dark at the bottom though maybe some gold and/or red accents?

Atlanta's away kit looks like something I'd expect to see for LAFC.

Wow. I'm surprised I missed the resemblance to LAFC. Now I feel really stupid. You're also right about the home kit. I'll try to add some sort of accent.

On 4/8/2017 at 9:30 PM, Whittier S said:

Again, I feel stupid for not noticing that. I'll change it (maybe put it higher up on the shirt, since I really like the idea of having the Washington Monument on there). 

On 4/8/2017 at 9:52 PM, upperV03 said:

The away feels a bit uninspired, and both Vancouver designs are pretty obscure (also not sure why you went with black on the away).

I went with black because I liked how it looked, but you're right, it isn't a very Vancouver-ish color. Maybe dark blue?

20 hours ago, 1RinRin said:

Now for one the most decorated (ugh) teams in MLS: LA Galaxy

Home: Pretty typical for LA (the shoulder is intentional)

TXW24yG.jpg

Away: Throwback time!

kq4ZJ3G.jpg

I like the thought. The away sponsor logo is pretty difficult to see though. Maybe a yellow box across the chest, breaking up the sash?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

On 5/10/2017 at 2:44 PM, vicfurth said:

I like the thought. The away sponsor logo is pretty difficult to see though. Maybe a yellow box across the chest, breaking up the sash?

That could work, but I usually hate breaking the sash :unsure:.  I'll see what it looks like, though.

• 1 month later...

Archived