International Kits 2017/18 (Brazil posted 5/5)

upperV03

3 hours ago, vicfurth said:

I'm curious how the braided stripe will look on players that stuff their shirt in. 

I do really like this, though. Great job.

Glad you like it, and thanks for the comment. I don't think the braided stripe would be obscured too much if the shirt was tucked in, but even if it was I figured it wouldn't detract too much from the design as a whole. 

Anyways, Tottenham is up next and I should have them posted in the next day or two.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Re: the braided stripe,just think that,in actual fabric,the shades of green would not be very clearly distinguishable from each other (not that this is bad,JH - I can call you that,right? - !)

Yeah I have no problem with you calling me that! And regarding the shades of green, I figured it would probably look fairly similar to the shades of red on the current Man Utd home shirt, where the pattern down the center and the half and half design is noticeable up close but from afar it mainly looks like it's one solid shade. Or even like the Portland Timbers' 2011 home shirt which had somewhat of a similar effect. The shades of green kind of blended together when viewed from afar, or even when the shirts got wet, but it was still fairly recognizable up close.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I am so in love with that Deutcher Fussball-Bund home and away kits! Wow I would buy them both if they were actual kits. Love the idea of the three stripes running down the front of the home kit matching up with the badge colors. I was always a fan of those kits from the 90's that incorporated the German flag. You sure smashed this one out of the park. 

NpTodZP.png

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Glad you like it, and thanks for the comment. I don't think the braided stripe would be obscured too much if the shirt was tucked in, but even if it was I figured it wouldn't detract too much from the design as a whole. 

Anyways, Tottenham is up next and I should have them posted in the next day or two.

Looking forward to Spurs for sure. Obviously lol. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

As promised, here are my concepts for Tottenham. The rumors for their first Nike kits have showed them using a 1950/60's-inspired crest with a shield around the familiar cockerel. I chose to use that in my concepts, as well as the thin navy double stripes that have been rumored to be used on the primary kit. The white home shirt features a vertical chest stripe with thin sublimated stripes bordered by the two thin navy stripes on either side. Navy is used for the side stripes and collar, and the shield is white with a navy outline, just as the one used in the 50's and early 60's. It's paired with navy shorts and white-topped navy socks. The away shirt is navy with white accents throughout, and the striping pattern from the home shirt is again used except it's in the form of vertical stripes rather than one single stripe running down the center. The crest is again white with navy and white outlines. The shorts and socks of the primary and secondary kits are interchangeable in case of clashes. The third kit, while using Nike's global third kit design for 17/18, still features some retro flair in the form of the color scheme and the crest. I went for a yellow base since it's historically been one of their most prominent change kit colors, and I combined it with white accents and the white shield to pay tribute to the first two yellow kits that were ever introduced, in 1958-60, and 1969-70, respectively. The shirt is combined with shorts and socks of the same base color, while navy socks are also available in case of clashes. Possibly my favorite detail of all three kits is on the back neck stripe, where I placed "The Game Is About Glory", which is somewhat of a motto for the club and a shortened version of a quote by Danny Blanchflower, who played for the club from 1954-1964 and is regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest player in Tottenham history. Feel free to leave C&C if you wish.

Tottenham2017.thumb.png.e21c3da6b8cc1ad31673b74bb749c6d8.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up are the kits for the men's and women's U.S. national teams. Being a U.S. Soccer fan can be extremely aggravating when it comes to aesthetics as they've never really settled on a consistent look, other than having primarily white home kits and blue away kits. With these proposed 2018 kits, I wanted to create the basis for a consistent look going forward. Many people think they should develop the red and white hoops as their primary look, but I think something more along the lines of their 1950 World Cup kit is more appropriate. I made my home kit somewhat of a modernization of the aforementioned 1950 kit, with a bold red sash and navy accents. The sash is adorned with sublimated horizontal stripes, and it is positioned in a more traditional manner than the 1950 version. Navy accents are used on the rest of the shirt, and the shorts and socks are navy and white, respectively. The secondary kit returns to a navy base, and a unique horizontal stripe pattern is sublimated onto the front and back of the shirt in a slightly opaque royal blue. There are thicker hoops towards the top before getting thinner on the rest of the shirt. Red accents adorn the rest of the shirt, as well as the rest of the kit. I've displayed the home kit in the men's version, while the away kit is in the women's version. Let me know what you think!

USA2017.thumb.png.73b6a7087f2d3f7ae54cf19b617185f3.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'd rather the number break the middle of the sash than stick under the logo. That's just me though. These look pretty good. Are you thinking of mens and womens versions for USA, i.e. the women would look like the save color swaps?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd rather the number break the middle of the sash than stick under the logo. That's just me though. These look pretty good. Are you thinking of mens and womens versions for USA, i.e. the women would look like the save color swaps?

The men and women would have the same home and away kits, it was just easier for me to show one kit with the men's crest and one with the women's crest rather than showing both kits twice.

And regarding the number positioning on the home kit, I was initially going to have it break the sash but the current font is so wide and thick that I had to thicken the sash, and also rotate it to where it would end towards the middle of the side of the shirt in-order for the number to completely fit inside of the sash while also being centered. I decided that it sacrificed the overall aesthetics of the kit and that the sash and number were better positioned where they currently are. Thanks for the comment, and hope that clears it up!

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Miles ahead of the real set while remaining plausible, or at least plausible in a world where Nike had better design ideas. I've never been crazy about the sash look for a USA home but this one isn't bad at all, the pattern inside the sash is a nice modern touch without being overly busy. The away is simple enough, but after many busy and/or weird away kits I like the simplicity. In fact I'd even like to see it as just the same desaturated navy all over, without the watermark stripes. Also think a color swapped version of that away (red base) would be a fantastic third kit and/or off-cycle away replacement.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I figured I'd show you guys my designs for Juventus next, and these will be the first to use the new badge. I went pretty similar to their actual upcoming kits for 17/18, but there are plenty of differences in my designs. The home kit features traditional bianconeri stripes as well as a return to a white base. In addition, the collar and cuffs feature black and white stripes divided by gold trim. The shorts and socks are white and subtle gold trim is again present near the top of the socks. Black shorts and socks are available in case of clashes. The secondary kit, like the one that will actually be unveiled for next season, features the blue and yellow of Turin. The shirt is solid yellow with a blue henley collar and cuffs, and it's paired with blue or yellow shorts and yellow socks. The shirt features a sublimated charging bull graphic which is similar to the 1979 crest and is a tribute to past Juventus logos as well as the flag and coat of arms of Turin. Lastly, the third kit features the olive green and black color scheme that was set for the Creator Studio contest. I chose to carry over the zebra stripe theme from their current third kit, which of course plays off of one of the club's many nicknames. The stripes are sublimated and cover the entire front panel of the shirt. I liked it because it gave the kit a sort of safari vibe, especially when paired with the olive green. The shirt is combined with black accents, black shorts, and green socks. With all three kits I chose to take the liberty of assuming Juve will again win the Serie A and Coppa Italia championships so the league and cup champions patches appear on the front of the shirts. Anyways, thanks for looking and feel free to leave C&C if you wish.

Juventus2017.thumb.png.2808ca4c8d383b7b2bc8979c61869f24.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Just seen these; actually one of the entries in the Creator Studio competition had this exact pattern; it didn't win,however.

Oh really? I saw a couple different designs with a zebra stripe theme, but they were all considerably different than mine. I remember one had a sublimated zebra head, one had white and black zebra stripes on the side panels, etc. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I actually like the Juventus home and away kit concepts you created. Unlike a lot of people who hate the new Juve badge, I actually like it. It's a bold statement by the Old Lady. I do see many more clubs updating this badges in the future. 

As for the Spurs kit, I just don't know about the shield around the chicken and ball. Just seems not a good combo. Overall still a nice kit design. Keep up the good work on this series. 

NpTodZP.png

Thanks for the comment @ThierryH14, glad you like the Juve and Spurs kits. I chose to use the shield for Spurs since that's what'll actually be used on their upcoming kits for next season and also because I liked the retro feel to it. Since it harkens back to the crest used in the 50's and 60's I thought it gave the otherwise simple kits a classier appearance overall. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 4/10/2017 at 1:36 PM, upperV03 said:

As promised, here are my concepts for Tottenham. The rumors for their first Nike kits have showed them using a 1950/60's-inspired crest with a shield around the familiar cockerel. I chose to use that in my concepts, as well as the thin navy double stripes that have been rumored to be used on the primary kit. The white home shirt features a vertical chest stripe with thin sublimated stripes bordered by the two thin navy stripes on either side. Navy is used for the side stripes and collar, and the shield is white with a navy outline, just as the one used in the 50's and early 60's. It's paired with navy shorts and white-topped navy socks. The away shirt is navy with white accents throughout, and the striping pattern from the home shirt is again used except it's in the form of vertical stripes rather than one single stripe running down the center. The crest is again white with navy and white outlines. The shorts and socks of the primary and secondary kits are interchangeable in case of clashes. The third kit, while using Nike's global third kit design for 17/18, still features some retro flair in the form of the color scheme and the crest. I went for a yellow base since it's historically been one of their most prominent change kit colors, and I combined it with white accents and the white shield to pay tribute to the first two yellow kits that were ever introduced, in 1958-60, and 1969-70, respectively. The shirt is combined with shorts and socks of the same base color, while navy socks are also available in case of clashes. Possibly my favorite detail of all three kits is on the back neck stripe, where I placed "The Game Is About Glory", which is somewhat of a motto for the club and a shortened version of a quote by Danny Blanchflower, who played for the club from 1954-1964 and is regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest player in Tottenham history. Feel free to leave C&C if you wish.

Tottenham2017.thumb.png.e21c3da6b8cc1ad31673b74bb749c6d8.png

oh my. this. is. stunning. i would love if my spurs would wear these. Itd look even better with the champions badge on the sleeve too ;)

I would say that they would more likely put "to dare is to do" on the shirt instead of "the game is about glory." once again, great work

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

20 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

oh my. this. is. stunning. i would love if my spurs would wear these. Itd look even better with the champions badge on the sleeve too ;)

I would say that they would more likely put "to dare is to do" on the shirt instead of "the game is about glory." once again, great work

Thanks for the kind words man, I'm really glad you like 'em since you're a Spurs fan. Having said that, I guess I should've been more clear on my choice for the motto on the back neck. While "to dare is to do" is certainly more of an official club motto, I thought "the game is about glory" might be a bit more fitting since it's from Danny Blanchflower and since he played for the club in the 50's and 60's, roughly the same time period I chose to honor with these kits. Hope that's a sufficient explanation, and again I really appreciate your sentiments.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Shifting from Turin over to Milan today with I Nerazzuri. For Inter I wanted to strike a balance between tradition and experimentation and I think I succeeded with that. The home kit returns to brighter and thicker blue stripes after this season's kit gave off the appearance of using dark blue rather than royal. In addition I got rid of the yellow accents in favor of the traditional white. The shirt again features black raglan sleeves and I decided to introduce a sublimated zigzag/chevron pattern within the stripes. The kit is paired with black shorts and socks, both with blue and white trim. The secondary kit is white/light gray with the traditional blue and black trim. Rather than using the blue and black trim in the form of thick stripes like the last two away kits, I chose to limit them to accents. The shirt features a sublimated diamond pattern which is meant to evoke snakeskin, playing off of the Il Biscione nickname. White/light gray shorts and socks finish it off, while the black shorts and socks from the home kit are available as well. Lastly, the third kit utilizes Nike's global design for 2017/18 and features a dark forest green base with bold yellow-gold accents. All three kits feature a tag on the back neck with a small snake graphic, again playing off of the Il Biscione nickname. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Inter2017.thumb.png.0f3c8b3edf70cf4e8cad85703be90ca4.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived