My crossover soccer league

woody86

So, I hate it when pro sports teams give little thought to their logos. Have you ever noticed that some teams out there try to change but take a big step back? Or maybe there's some out there who haven't changed una long time, but it's obvious that the look isn't picking up patina or growing into vintage status. With this is mind, I've decided to create a "phoned in" soccer league.  It is made up of teams from the four major leagues whose looks are uninspired, do not connect to the local city/culture, or have become more "blah" with time. Why a soccer league? Because, as is recently apparent on this board, soccer leagues allow for maximal creativity, and often encourage localizing the look. There's also a higher ceiling for "overdoing" it. This is a crossover series, but perhaps if a different sort. So, the first step is to ID the teams.  While it is definitely my opinion that these teams need more inspiration or local flavor, I'm also taking into account my observations of years following this board. These teams tend to be the ones I've seen which get a little more effort added in their concept league, or in some cases I've noticed entire posts dedicated to these teams. I've come up with some, but would also like feedback on additional teams you believe have "phoned in" looks.  Here's my list:

MLB

san Diego padres

detroit tigers

tampa bay rays

colorado Rockies 

NBA

brooklyn nets

la clippers 

detroit pistons

indiana pacers

oklahoma city thunder

NFL

kansas city chiefs 

Arizona cardinals 

NHL

Dallas Stars

what do you think of this list? Any additions to be made? Designs forthcoming will be hand drawn, as I have no access to fancy software. :)

thanks! Feedback much appreciated! 

Here is the first in my crossover series: Brooklyn  Nets. This is an organization that could use a little more interest. My biggest beef with their current set is probably that it's a little too simple. My second issue is that there's not a clear connection to New York. I addressed these two issues by adding shades of black/grey, as well as making a crest with stylistic nods to the New York Cosmos. The home kit is an ID to the "checkered"uniform the Brooklyn dodgers wore for a time, and also is meant to evoke a soccer net. The right half of the crest is meant to evoke a ball going into a net. Enjoy! 

image.jpg

I like the concept, but I feel like you've already tried this and it didn't work very well.

also, many teams on your list have great logos, Indiana Pacers and Kansas City Chiefs for example. But I would love to see them in a crossover league anyway. 

Good work so far.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Well, perhaps my thought process isn't welcome on this forum. I think my effort was to try something that I haven't yet seen, try to come up with a new idea. 

So, from here in out I will just post my concepts because that's a good step for me. :) 

image.jpg

7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I like the concept, but I feel like you've already tried this and it didn't work very well.

also, many teams on your list have great logos, Indiana Pacers and Kansas City Chiefs for example. But I would love to see them in a crossover league anyway. 

Good work so far.

@woody86 did try it before, but didn't have concepts ready so it was locked. Here's my take. Make the crest larger so we can see the detail in it. That's what makes a soccer concept for me. Other than that, good start. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived