NHL 90s Series (Atlanta Thrashers added 35/35 COMPLETED)

72freebie

I love stuff thta's zany, ridiculous & fun. This thread is full of great looks and I can't wait to see more. My fave is Columbus. It's a design that shouldn't work but does. 

Are there plans to do defunct teams after every NHL team is done?

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up is the New York Rangers. I know that a lot of people wanted to see the liberty logo used but I went a different route and updated the classic look with an edgier script logo used on their secondary logo from the 90s. The design uses simple striping that is made edgy and is also used on the yoke and side panels.

Rangers-90s.thumb.png.ccb4a075752a11733e3b5346ecf8cee0.png

Also here is another version of the ducks with an eggplant colored jersey. I still prefer the original but this looks good too.

ducks-90s2.thumb.png.fdec1c0c8de0cd4d99b81bc9a00b2fa9.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

I agree with @Morgo, New York doesn't seem 90's to me. The font does, the idea of updating the Rangers classic look does, but the side panels feels more like late 2000's than 90's. However, that font choice & the yoke looks great. I just feel the striping & panels need to look more like the Rangers.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

The side panels are definitely a Reebok Edge thing. The truncated sleeve stripes are the same thing. It's a little too much like their stadium series jersey, though I like the shoulders and word font. I would do a hemline stripe based on the top of this logo in your color scheme and match the sleeves accordingly.148.gif

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

2 hours ago, 72freebie said:

I definitely agree with you guys now, The Rangers concept did look a little too modern. So I went back and started from scratch, Tell me if this is 90s enough.

Rangers-90s-2.png

There we go. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 4/26/2017 at 2:47 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the New York Rangers. I know that a lot of people wanted to see the liberty logo used but I went a different route and updated the classic look with an edgier script logo used on their secondary logo from the 90s. The design uses simple striping that is made edgy and is also used on the yoke and side panels.

Rangers-90s.thumb.png.ccb4a075752a11733e3b5346ecf8cee0.png

Also here is another version of the ducks with an eggplant colored jersey. I still prefer the original but this looks good too.

ducks-90s2.thumb.png.fdec1c0c8de0cd4d99b81bc9a00b2fa9.png

The Rangers' set here is the first one that doesn't really look '90s to me - it looks more early-2000s, and most sports designs from then make me shudder. It isn't bad, but it isn't great like most of the others. The red Lady Liberty jersey (sweater, whatever) looks much more '90s to me, and also better!

I absolutely love how the shape of the ducks striping is an extension of the triangle shield shape from the logo. That is gorgeous. I'd honestly support using that idea on a future ducks jersey and might steal that idea if I ever do a ducks concept lol.

Next is the Vancouver Canucks. The striping is taken straight from the logo so because of that, there is a lot of it. The hem stripe follows the angle of the logo.There isn't any arm striping but instead some V yoke striping. This is a busy look but I think it works really well with the logo. let's hear what you think!

Canucks-90s.thumb.png.b90e927e1d7134c5d89f453e4d4cda13.png

Next team is the New Jersey Devils. I knew that I needed to have a big devil tail on here somewhere and I found that I really liked it on the hem. It also has a wild yoke designa nd a recolored logo from the red jersey.

Devils-90s.png

1 hour ago, 72freebie said:

Next team is the New Jersey Devils. I knew that I needed to have a big devil tail on here somewhere and I found that I really liked it on the hem. It also has a wild yoke designa nd a recolored logo from the red jersey.

Devils-90s.png

The tail does look weird in the front.
Maybe have the stripe solid across the front and end with the tail in the back; sort of like a loose belt? Or just have it start on the right side, solid across the front and end with the tail in the back. Good ole 90's asymmetry.

spacer.png

Archived