NHL 90s Series (Atlanta Thrashers added 35/35 COMPLETED)

72freebie

Next up is the Nordiques. I had to go with the unused logos from when they relocated to Colorado because they are just so horrible but very 90s. I went with a design that uses a spike pattern that reflects the husky from the logo. It also uses many other sharp teal points and keeps the fleur de lis on the hem.

Nordiques-90s.thumb.png.41ea9c4f77fbe6db52901c52df151866.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is holy :censored: !!!! these jerseys are soooo badly awesome!!!!! wow.. I'm so speechless now wow..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

This series has been a tun o' fun, with some very clever concepts too.

I like the use of the team design elements in your creations.

Love the Panthers, the Nords, and that sabre-tooth "sash" is brilliant !

It's been a welcomed bit of fresh air during this current era of super-simplicity in the sports-design field.

The second last concept of the series is the Minnesota North Stars. The team didn't play very far into the 90s but I think if they did then they might have done something similar to this. It uses an arrow pattern that points up to a star on the shoulders and also points up the side panels. 

North-Stars-90s.png

46 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Man... That North Stars one, brutal but beautiful! 

Brutiful

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

And here we are. We have reached the last 90s concept. The honor goes to the Atlanta Thrashers who had some very great 90s jerseys but I feel that they could have done something wild if they entered the league a couple of years earlier. The design uses the main logo with some huge outlines that make the base for the design. The tringle pattern also returns. to the arms, collar and pants.

Thrashers-90s.thumb.png.d7f993b7f593e1adc4434561cd8f2654.png

And that does it for this series. I have had so much fun working on these concepts and I can't thank everyone enough for all of the praise that these have received. I would definitely be interested in trying this for other leagues or even other sports. I may be a minority here but I absolutely love sports designs of the 90s as teams back then weren't afraid to be different and to stand out from the bunch. I would love to see more teams trying to do this in the coming years.

That's all from me. Thanks again!

Thank you for one of the greatest concept series of all time. 

4evnZ.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived