JaMikePA

Steelers basketball jersey

This is a real uniform the Steelers play off-season basketball in. They're playing the Pitt Panthers soon...

Steel bball.PNG

NFL get's a wild hair and starts off-season NFL basketball league !! 

Keep that year round exposure at all cost even by playing a different sport, it would be interesting for sure especially for cities that don't have NBA teams.  

That's a solid looking uniform, but I wonder why they don't use the same numbers as the football uniforms.

The Eagles do a charity basketball game and have used a couple different uniforms:

957e4e2fd2cfa1cc3478a10de8dbe8ba.jpg mockbb_03.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ark said:

Better than a lot of actual NBA uniforms 

I don't agree at all. Seems like a pretty standard crappy practice jersey.

The Seattle Seahawks also had a charity basketball team called the "Rainhawks" in their early years.

I agree with ClayStation about NFL teams playing other sports (like basketball and softball) to keep the league exposure a year-round one. :D It's all in good fun, too.

The Steelers have played charity basketball games in local high schools for a long time. Usually against faculty of the school in question as a Globetrotters/Washington Generals situation.

I remember back in 96 or 97, the Packers and Cowboys played basketball here in Racine...I still have my ticket stashed away somewhere, and I remember the house was packed (no pun intended).

When I was at Presidio of Monterey, the 49ers came out to play a combined military team. I wish I'd have taken pictures. 

Those Lions uniforms are nice as well.  I wonder how they'd look in white...?

22 hours ago, leopard88 said:

2193367728_6047be0a14_b.jpg

This shows that sleeved jerseys for basketball are nothing new.

Another team that had sleeved basketball jerseys were the Cincinnati Reds, shown first in their uniforms, and then in their warmups.

Image result for cincinnati reds basketballImage result for cincinnati reds basketball

It's cool that these teams have put such good effort into creating basketball uniforms.

By contrast, the Islanders' softball uniforms were pretty cheesy.

Image result for "new york islanders" softball

The Islanders and Rangers used to play softball against each other every year.  Surprisingly, there are almost no pictures of this to be found. 

It makes me cringe when I see them not wearing cleats. Must be hard to run without them. 

On 3/21/2017 at 3:55 PM, Gobbi said:

The Eagles do a charity basketball game and have used a couple different uniforms:

mockbb_03.jpg

Needs bigger numbers.

On 3/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

This shows that sleeved jerseys for basketball are nothing new.

Another team that had sleeved basketball jerseys were the Cincinnati Reds, shown first in their uniforms, and then in their warmups.

Image result for cincinnati reds basketballImage result for cincinnati reds basketball

It's cool that these teams have put such good effort into creating basketball uniforms.

By contrast, the Islanders' softball uniforms were pretty cheesy.

The Islanders and Rangers used to play softball against each other every year.  Surprisingly, there are almost no pictures of this to be found. 

That's pretty cool and this whole thread is cool. Never heard of these crossover jerseys. Wonder when this stopped... I'd love Giants v Jets in basketball. Eli playing bball would be a sight to see!

Some teams still do this, it just doesn't get much national press. It's almost exclusively alumni though as opposed to active players.