2017 CFL Uniforms

kiwi_canadian

The Ti-Cats brought the white pants back after not using them last season for their game tonight. Without the stripes on the sides, the white pants are terrible and I absolutely hate the cut of the new Adidas uniforms on Hamilton's away jersey. Just terrible.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

The Ti-Cats brought the white pants back after not using them last season for their game tonight. Without the stripes on the sides, the white pants are terrible and I absolutely hate the cut of the new Adidas uniforms on Hamilton's away jersey. Just terrible.

Home or road, Hamilton should always be in yellow pants.

• 2 months later...

The Stampeders have been to five Grey Cup games in the last ten years. In the two wins they were wearing their traditional red helmets, and in each of the three losses, they were wearing black helmets. Take a hint, Stampeders!

Stop

10428221_h25158020.jpg?w=660 (2012)

wearing

104th+Grey+Cup+Championship+Game+hEpYitoOIsBx.jpg (2016)

black

black-matt-112617.jpg (2017)

helmets.

11 hours ago, johnnysama said:

@MJWalker45: What three teams are you referring to?

And yes, I think the Stamps should lose the black lids. Those things are cursed!

BC, Calgary, Ottawa, and Saskatchewan all follow the same uniform template. I'm assuming those are the teams he was referring to. Calgary and Ottawa both use the same colors and have extremely similar uniform styles.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

BC, Calgary, Ottawa, and Saskatchewan all follow the same uniform template. I'm assuming those are the teams he was referring to. Calgary and Ottawa both use the same colors and have extremely similar uniform styles.

This. Even if they made the sleeves/sides match the body, bring the logo down and put some TV numbers on these. And find a way to put the Grey Cup patch on the uniforms. If the Arena League can make it work the CFL should too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Lions should just go back to what they had from 2005-2015. What they have now is a confusing mess. Black and orange at home with no white and orange and white on the road with no black. Who are these guys?? No wonder why attendance has been horrible. Not only because they had a bad season. The mountain lion head looks great looking in the same forward direction on both sides of the helmet but why is it looking downward? The helmet strap gets in the way of the logo. 

Just go back to the last uniform but with a helmet stripe and add striping to the jersey sleeves. Keep the same helmet logo from the current but the mountain lion should be looking straight ahead like on the actual BC logo.

Was there a reason why the CFL wasn't able to use a higher quality adidas template like the shock web (or whatever it's called)? The current template looks weak and cheap. Toronto, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Montreal, and Edmonton all have completely separate and unique looks will the other four look like they ordered the first option out of a high school football uniform catalog.

9 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

How are home/away uniforms for the Grey Cup determined?  I thought it would alternate each year between East and West, but Calgary wore their away unis two years in a row.

It's based on the host team's division. The Grey Cup was in Ottawa this year, so the East champion was the designated home team. Similarly, last year the Grey Cup was in Toronto, so the East champion was the home team. In 2015, the Grey Cup was in Winnipeg, so the West Champion was the home team.

20 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The devolution of the Stamps from a red and silver team that used a bit of black to a red and black team is truly sad.

Agreed...I love the red and outlaw helmets, they definitely need to bench the black ones. Heck, if they want a third helmet I'd prefer to see a silver/chrome one.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:22 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The devolution of the Stamps from a red and silver team that used a bit of black to a red and black team is truly sad.

Totally agree with you but to be fair, they haven't been red and silver for a while now.

This set from the '90s is the perfect use of black to me, if they are going to use black

crop_21151630808.png

These throwbacks were nice.

7033600.jpg

It might be interesting to see them like Ohio State, using red and grey with black as a trim colour. Obviously keeping the red helmets though.

IEI5Tg1.png

• 2 months later...

For anyone interested in this, the Argos wore 10 different combos in 22 games in 2017 (2 ex games, 18 RS and 2 PS).

Annoyingly, they did not ever wear the two combos I would most prefer: blue helmet/blue jersey/white pants/Oxford socks, and blue helmet/white jersey/blue pants/Cambridge socks.

Helmet Jersey Pants Socks Comb.
B B B O 4
W W W W 4
B W B O 3
W B B W 2
W B W O 2
W B W W 2
W W W C 2
B W B W 1
W B W C 1
W W B O 1

In this chart, O means Oxford (dark) Blue and C means Cambridge (light) Blue. Only the socks offered that variation.

Archived