DTConcepts

I've always wanted the Isles to go with the simply 'NY' monogram as their chest logo - it's a far superior logo to the dated one they currently use. (Both dated from a design perspective, and more practically as well - they don't even play in the area represented on the map any longer!)

My one concern would be whether the four stripes would be too busy as a main design element. They might wind up blending together with the surrounding white and creating somewhat of a pinkish hue from a distance (kind of like the Phillies' pinstripes). It's very visually busy within a fairly compressed area.

At the very least, I'd suggest getting rid of the orange trim on the bottom hem of the jersey. Perhaps a good solution would be to use alternating blue and orange stripes, against a white background.

One other thing to consider - and I hope this never to be an issue anytime soon, as a Rangers fan ;) - what if the Isles win another Stanley Cup? They'd basically be committed to updating their uniform then, and the striping would be liable to become more visually busy. Though from a marketing/merchandise sales perspective, that could be a positive - I'm sure that right after a Stanley Cup win, a five-stripe Isles jersey with a "Stanley Cup Champions" patch would sell like hotcakes.

(Brings up another question - in the event of a Cup win, would the NHL even allow a quick turnaround time on the updated jersey design, in time for the next season?)

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

Tavares' left wrist/arm area looks a little weird, and the body and sleeves appear to be two different shades.

I agree that the arm, at least his right arm, looks pretty odd. I'm not sure how to fix it.

1 hour ago, kroywen said:

One other thing to consider - and I hope this never to be an issue anytime soon, as a Rangers fan ;) - what if the Isles win another Stanley Cup? They'd basically be committed to updating their uniform then, and the striping would be liable to become more visually busy. Though from a marketing/merchandise sales perspective, that could be a positive - I'm sure that right after a Stanley Cup win, a five-stripe Isles jersey with a "Stanley Cup Champions" patch would sell like hotcakes.

How was that game on Wednesday?;)

Anyways, if I was the one in charge of the Isles' jerseys when they released these, I wouldn't update the amount of stripes. That way, instead of getting more complicated, the striping represents the dynasty in the '80s.

48 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

How was that game on Wednesday?;)

Painful. ;) 

48 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Anyways, if I was the one in charge of the Isles' jerseys when they released these, I wouldn't update the amount of stripes. That way, instead of getting more complicated, the striping represents the dynasty in the '80s.

Yeah, that's probably the best approach to take, all told. I think if it were explicitly marketed as a tribute to the 80's dynasty from the time it was unveiled, fans wouldn't really expect the uniform to be updated with a future Stanley Cup win.

Archived