NHL 2017-18 Redesign

ldconcepts

I understand with the chest stripes, though keep in mind these concepts were all made separately with different ideas in mind. Besides the Canadiens, there is one other team left using them, but subtly and not the main focus of the concept. It just happens that these teams show up in alphabetical order.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDMONTON OILERS

With the temporary abolition of third jerseys under Adidas next year, the Oilers, who have a perfect trio, have to take away either their blue or orange jersey from their arsenal next year. They have confirmed going with their orange alternate, but I wanted to combine the two sets' looks. My set thickens the middle stripe on Edmonton's current primaries, and adds a matching yoke outline. I matched this simple striping reminiscent of their third jersey throughout both sets, to add a degree of consistency, that, in my opinion, isn't quite there yet.

Edmonton%20Oilers%20Concept_zpss9hoei6n.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

I like making the Kings a purple team, but it's a little too bright and the silver blends in too much with the white. There needs to be some black, even if it's just a tertiary color around the striping. 

Pretty much everything else else has been near-perfect. Those Coyotes jerseys are absolutely gorgeous. 

But you haven't seen this All Star concept!

NHL ALL STAR

I gave Edmonton the hosting duties, with the Olympics being ruled out. The design for each team is simple: modern versions of the jerseys the Oilers will be wearing next year, with extra outlines and more curves. For the logos, each team's primary mark will be on the shoulders, three letter division names inside an NHL shield-style oil drop. These marks resemble the ones from LA that didn't appear on the uniforms. Like in LA, an NHL crest takes center stage in each jersey, though recoloured and with stars. I chose an Oilers scheme for the Western Conference's divisions, with the Oilers' Pacific wearing orange, and gave a simple black-grey-white scheme to teams in the Eastern. 

NHL%20All%20Star%202018%20Concept_zpsgjv

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

The New York Islanders currently have one of the nicest sets in the league. Their logo is timeless, and manages to cram a ton of significance inside a circle without looking too busy. Their jerseys have a great color scheme, and throw back to their original season. They've definitely had their share of mishaps, however, namely the Fisherman set, Edge redesign, and their awful string of alternate jerseys. Their most recent one is plain, boring, and has nothing to do with their color scheme. But the striping and logo do have potential, so I decided to modernize the Islanders' look for a new era. I used the simplified NY logo currently found on their black jerseys. Their biggest accomplishment as a franchise is the string of four back-to-back Cup wins, which are seen in their logo's stick tape and alternate jersey striping. I decided to thicken those stripes, and make them orange on both the home and away jerseys. I added a white shoulder yoke on the home jersey, and a blue full length yoke on the away jersey.

New%20York%20Islanders%20Concept_zpsipff

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived