Las Vegas Raiders Brand Discussion

Ben in LA

Home opener on Sunday night, front load the schedule with road games. Another home game would be MNF or TNF. Play 3 of first 8 games at home. One afternoon game sometime around early October. Schedule the bye week in the first 8 weeks of the season.

Would be the most workable. Though, the Cardinals had the same problem for years and the NFL was completely indifferent to that issue.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Could it be a heat issue?  I am not sure how long it stays super-hot, but would the LV Raiders have to spend the first couple of seasons playing their first few games on the road?  I went to a Labor Day weekend UNLV game.  It started at 8:00 (too late for the NFL's TV schedule), which was after sundown.  And it was still miserably hot.  

I guess it could be but the Cardinals played outside in Sun Devil Stadium for all those years and they managed. Not to mention Tempe has a higher average temp in September (100) than Vegas (95). By October the average high in Vegas is only 82 so you're basically only worried about Weeks 1-3 of the season. .

For only two years if they wanted to be overcautious they could have the Raiders on the road or playing night games for those first 3 weeks of the season. 

All this news of the Raiders and Chargers moving . .

1_Hitler%20Nein_zpsst0ar9gn.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Before Nike released all it's uniforms they were doing those hype uniforms about how their unis are going to make the game so much better.

One of them had a skull at the collar. I remember people thinking it was a new Bucs logo that had leaked.

Anybody else remember that?

I can't find the video though.

That skull could be a cool secondary logo.

On 1/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, habsfan1 said:

I really love the Raiders logo/color scheme. But Las Vegas Raiders or Vegas Raiders, it just sounds so wrong. They need to repackage, even though I would miss the Oakland Raiders brand.

I'd say Las Vegas Raiders doesn't sound all that wrong since we were already once used to Los Angeles Raiders.

1 hour ago, Logojunkie said:

Before Nike released all it's uniforms they were doing those hype uniforms about how their unis are going to make the game so much better.

One of them had a skull at the collar. I remember people thinking it was a new Bucs logo that had leaked.

Anybody else remember that?

I can't find the video though.

That skull could be a cool secondary logo.

The_Opening_Logo_original.jpg

17 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Not sure what would be weirder: having 2 NFL teams play in <40K seat stadiums, or having an NFL team play games in a place called "Whitney, Nevada."

Vegas is such a weird place. Everything is so close together that it seems like one city, but there are a bunch of little cities or towns. Whitney is like one exit, but it has its own zip code for some reason.

That at being said, they'd feel right at home in Whitney. Especially around Boulder Hwy.

2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

And is it really any worse than East Rutherford, NJ? 

Or Arlington, TX? Or Orchard Park, NY? Or Carson, CA? Or Inglewood, CA? Or Santa Clara, CA?

(Just realized after the Raiders move to Vegas and the Rams move into their new stadium, not one California NFL team actually will be playing in their namesake city anymore).

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

Or Arlington, TX? Or Orchard Park, NY? Or Carson, CA? Or Inglewood, CA? Or Santa Clara, CA?

(Just realized after the Raiders move to Vegas and the Rams move into their new stadium, not one California NFL team actually will be playing in their namesake city anymore).

This is because of the tailgating culture of Football. Not much room in big cities for huge stadiums with ample parking. I have no problem with teams playing in the suburbs because it makes the game more fun. Much rather drink some beers and eat in the parking lot than pay over 100  for food and drink at bars.

30 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

This is because of the tailgating culture of Football. Not much room in big cities for huge stadiums with ample parking. I have no problem with teams playing in the suburbs because it makes the game more fun. Much rather drink some beers and eat in the parking lot than pay over 100  for food and drink at bars.

Well except for there's not much in the way of tailgating space in either Inglewood or Santa Clara. Rather they're in those cities because they were the smaller towns that were more easily manipulated into providing tax breaks and in Santa Clara's case some small amount of public funding. Los Angeles and San Francisco weren't going to provide any major concessions.

Archived