LA Clippers Rebrand

Bruins

While recently brainstorming on how to improve the Clips horrendous rebrand, i came up with this idea for a simple clipper ship logo with LAC worked into the sails. C&C appreciated!

s7OItUE.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

1 minute ago, NoE38 said:

I love the idea, and it is obviously an upgrade over their current (everything is). If I would do one thing it would be to make the A more clear. Will you be making secondary logos and jerseys?

Thank you! I'm against just adding a white line across the A shape because i think it would take away from the ship, but i was curious as to what i could do to make it resemble an A more. i was planning for this to just be a singular main logo/ possible current alternate, not a full rebrand, at least for right now.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I think this a really nice start.  With the blurry/fuzzy quality though, its hard to see the two tone red. If you clear that up, I think it would make the sails pop a little more.  

I'd think about maybe just going for a clipper ship logo and then use the "LAC" sails as a secondary/wordmark logo.

I kind of like the abstract LAC approach you went with. IMO, the only way to make it more clear that it's an A is with a white stroke through it and then I think starts to look forced. 

27 minutes ago, DaRadniz29 said:

I think this a really nice start.  With the blurry/fuzzy quality though, its hard to see the two tone red. If you clear that up, I think it would make the sails pop a little more.  

I'd think about maybe just going for a clipper ship logo and then use the "LAC" sails as a secondary/wordmark logo.

I kind of like the abstract LAC approach you went with. IMO, the only way to make it more clear that it's an A is with a white stroke through it and then I think starts to look forced. 

It's really weird, because everywhere else I see the file its clear, and as soon as I insert it into the post it blurs up. Do you mean a ship without the LAC sails and then the sails as a secondary/wordmark or the ship/sails along with just the sails as a secondary? I also agree that an additional stroke would look forced, which is the only reason I left it out. Thanks for the nice feedback!

Lz5f6vZ.png

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

It's really weird, because everywhere else I see the file its clear, and as soon as I insert it into the post it blurs up. Do you mean a ship without the LAC sails and then the sails as a secondary/wordmark or the ship/sails along with just the sails as a secondary? I also agree that an additional stroke would look forced, which is the only reason I left it out. Thanks for the nice feedback!

As for getting a clear photo, it could be the file, sometimes I've had issues with jpg files. Also, did you upload via the boards or did you use an image hosting site like Imgur?  Quite a few of us, including myself use imgur.

Recommendation is to save the file as a PNG if possible, and then upload it to imgur.  Once the image is uploaded click on it, then on the right hand side copy the BBCode link and then paste into the post.  

On the feedback of the logo, I just meant instead of the LAC in the sails, just make it a regular clipper ship (don't try and add an LAC in the sails), and then use the "LAC sails" as a secondary logo/wordmark. Might be confusing without visuals, but that's the best I can do for now :) 

FRNjIUy.png

So, i decided to run with the LAC Clipper ship logo and make this a full rebrand of the Clippers' horrendous look.

Main:

EJHA8G2.png

Partial:

GSNVomR.png

Secondary:

cfFzgdW.png

Wordmark:

Rp5yVBO.png

C&C appreciated as always, uniforms to come! Thanks!

Lz5f6vZ.png

You have some good design elements (for example, I really like the basketball logo with the flags.  It's a really creative take on that sort of logo), but I don't think they all fit together into a cohesive set right now.  You've got the different reds, and the slant from the wordmark and the flags also do not match.  I'm not entirely convinced that the wordmark fits with the style of the logo (as much as I enjoy that font), and it is not integrated into the primary; it just looks tacked on.  Working on creating a coherent identity where all of the design elements relate to one another would be an excellent way to improve your work here. 

I agree about the mismatched reds. Also, I agree about the slants on the flag/wordmark logo not being matched. I also think you should decide if you're going to have the brand be navy and bright red, or royal and that more muted red, or some other combination. You've currently got six colors between reds, blues, and the white.

I'd also add a "Los Angeles" wordmark, and change the wordmark on the primary to read "LA Clippers."

This is also kind of nitpicky, but I noticed that all the letters on the wordmark don't connect, specifically the two P's, the P-E, and the R-S. If there's a way to make them all connect, then you're golden.

All of that said, you've got the skeleton of a great rebrand here. The boat looks great in that logo, and the LAC outline is perfect. The flags/basketball logo is also perfect, and would go great on the shorts in the same place where the current Atlanta Hawks have their winged basketball logo. If you massage this identity, you can make it brilliant.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Some thoughts.

1. The secondary is wonderful!  A great use of nautical flags to give the appearance of a basketball. Make sure too zoom in and clean some things up. There is a blue hairline in between the yellow and black on the upper right side. A little on the black on the left side, and some in the corners of the red line near the bottom. 

2. Match up the reds better, like mentioned above.

3. Look over the white stroke on the wordmark. There are some miter/clipping (no pun intended) issues with the blue peeking through. 

4. The partial logo looks a bit awkward. Without the boat to tie it together, it looks a bit too abstract.

5. See if there is a way to reduce the colors. I don't know if the navy is a part of the color palette, but if it is, that makes seven colors. Not a deal breaker by any means, but if there is a way to convey the same shape in the sails/boat without using the darker red, I would consider with that.

17 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Imo I hate when teams don't put city names on their logos, I would put Los Angeles or even just a simple LA above the boat, yes I know the boat does spell lac, but it would fill that empty space, also loving the old font.

Good point, i agree that could help a little bit, will add during adjustments. I fell in love with it when i found it!

17 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I love it! Only minor nitpick is that the reds on the second logo don't match. Not sure if that was intentional, but it's a little distracting.

Thanks! Yeah, thats my program it was definitely not intentional. Will fix.

15 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

You have some good design elements (for example, I really like the basketball logo with the flags.  It's a really creative take on that sort of logo), but I don't think they all fit together into a cohesive set right now.  You've got the different reds, and the slant from the wordmark and the flags also do not match.  I'm not entirely convinced that the wordmark fits with the style of the logo (as much as I enjoy that font), and it is not integrated into the primary; it just looks tacked on.  Working on creating a coherent identity where all of the design elements relate to one another would be an excellent way to improve your work here. 

I hear you, will definitely fix the reds, the slant, and making the wordmark more cohesive. Thanks for the feedback!

Lz5f6vZ.png

That main logo looks great! especially the throwback roundel and the new clipper.

I like the idea for the basketball logo with the flags, but I feel the shape of the basketball gets a little lost with all of the colours. Would it be possible to add an outline around the lines of the ball or make the flags one colour?

That wordmark is gorgeous.

Great work!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

13 hours ago, amaricooper8989 said:

This is the first time ever that I've seen a concept on here and thought, "Wow, if I owned this team I would 100% change the logo to that" Very Very Great Work!!!

I was thinking the same. We get comments all the time on the basis of "send this to the team now and hope they use it!" This is a very strong concept that could rival me saying this haha

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived