jimsimo

Cleveland Browns re-do in the works for 2020?

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

This is an example of excessive piping:

 

Kizer_1520443001170_13507706_ver1.0.png

Technically it’s not piping, it’s contrast stitching which is even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still love the mix and match philosophy.  Take the wordmark off the pants and clean up stuff like contrast stitching and it's perfect IMO.  The wacky mix and match is all the modernisation that is needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 12:06 AM, BearW17hNoName said:

I think the football-B could be a great primary logo for the Browns, but it doesn't belong on the helmet. The Browns are unique in not having a helmet logo and I think it should stay that way. 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sayahh said:

[Repeating Browns helmet]

 

spacer.png

 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sayahh said:

spacer.png

 

Oh damn.  An original!  No one has ever posted this before.  Like ever.  Not even once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This is an example of excessive piping:

 

Kizer_1520443001170_13507706_ver1.0.png

 

Everything about the uniform is excessive. Stitching, upshadows, weird stripes, carbon fiber helmet stripes, giant wordmarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEY NEED THE CARBON FIBER TA PROTECT SEMSELVES IN CONBAT BECAUS THER SOLDIERZ AND WATRIOGS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CLEstones said:

 

Oh damn.  An original!  No one has ever posted this before.  Like ever.  Not even once.

You could say this about almost every attempt at humor on these boards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Everything about the uniform is excessive. Stitching, upshadows, weird stripes, carbon fiber helmet stripes, giant wordmarks.

 

It's just a weird uniform all around.  It's like they turned everything up 2-3 notches too far.  For example:

 

  • Just make the stitching match the jersey.  Minor change, major difference.
  • Just use the new wordmark font instead of adding unnecessary pointed serifs and up-shadows that don't match the new word mark.  Minor change, major difference.
  • Just constrain the shoulder stripes to the caps.  Medium change?  Major difference.
  • Just don't add a nonsense pattern on the stripe.  Minor change, major difference.
  • Make the wordmark a reasonable size (which really wouldn't even be that bad by itself, but together with everything else, it's just another brick on the wall). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

 

It's just a weird uniform all around.  It's like they turned everything up 2-3 notches too far.  For example:

 

  • Just make the stitching match the jersey.  Minor change, major difference.
  • Just use the new wordmark font instead of adding unnecessary pointed serifs and up-shadows that don't match the new word mark.  Minor change, major difference.
  • Just constrain the shoulder stripes to the caps.  Medium change?  Major difference.
  • Just don't add a nonsense pattern on the stripe.  Minor change, major difference.
  • Make the wordmark a reasonable size (which really wouldn't even be that bad by itself, but together with everything else, it's just another brick on the wall). 

 

Exactly. The first thing people learn in design school, Keep It Simple Stupid. It's like they made each tweak and realized it wasn't "new" enough so they had to go even further.

 

I always tell myself, if you add something to a design and you're only justification for it is that it looks "cool", "new" or "different" get rid of it. Carbon fiber, contrasting stitching, angled stripes, and giant wordmarks have nothing to do with the Browns or Cleveland. They thought it would look cool and made up some half-a** garbage justifications for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The carbon fiber is unnecessary but it's so hard to notice anywhere aside from a promo photos of the helmet that I can't bring myself to care if they stay or go.

 

Contrast stitching on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Exactly. The first thing people learn in design school, Keep It Simple Stupid. It's like they made each tweak and realized it wasn't "new" enough so they had to go even further.

 

I always tell myself, if you add something to a design and you're only justification for it is that it looks "cool", "new" or "different" get rid of it. Carbon fiber, contrasting stitching, angled stripes, and giant wordmarks have nothing to do with the Browns or Cleveland. They thought it would look cool and made up some half-a** garbage justifications for it. 

 

Challenge!

 

The design brief from the team says, “We want to include things that are cool, new, and different on our uniform.”

 

What do you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Challenge!

 

The design brief from the team says, “We want to include things that are cool, new, and different on our uniform.”

 

What do you do?

 

I'm sure that's exactly what the Browns asked for. I feel like Nike could have still delivered with far less elements. A toned down version like CLEstones suggested would have been just fine. Plenty of things the designer could have avoided (stitching, number shadows) by never showing them to the client in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, insert name said:

I long for the day all thet Nikefied teams can look like themselves again. 

You know there will be a couple holdovers just like there are STILL some holdovers from the early Reebok era (i.e. Falcons and Bengals). I'm afraid it will be the Seahawks. I love the colors but wish they had a simpler design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, the Browns best uniform from the current set utilize brown as a tertiary color:

 

spacer.png

 

IMO, this is the perfect Cleveland set (from current). No brown jerseys in sight:

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Ironically, the Browns best uniform from the current set utilize brown as a tertiary color:

 

spacer.png

 

IMO, this is the perfect Cleveland set (from current). No brown jerseys in sight:

spacer.png

 

 

Perfect? Not by a longshot. Best of what they have? Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Ironically, the Browns best uniform from the current set utilize brown as a tertiary color:

 

spacer.png

 

Lose the Cleveland on the chest and make the drop shadow a full outline and it's not bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of you were in the room when the drafts, revisions, and prototypes were shown to the Browns' brass, so you don't know if the Browns were like 'needs contrast stitching, because... well just make up a reason' or if Nike was like 'we know you just want a super traditional uniform, but truuuuuust us - this will sell like hot cakes', or whatever and then the Browns said 'let's start cashing checks!'.  At the end of the day, any opinion other than it's the team's fault is just wrong.

 

What they got was the The Homer of uniforms.  It does everything but play La Cucaracha when the helmet gets hit in.

 

the-homer-inline4.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

At the end of the day, any opinion other than it's the team's fault is just wrong.

 

Indeed.  In the end, they’re the only ones who are responsible for honoring their own integrity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.