jimsimo

Cleveland Browns re-do in the works for 2020?

Recommended Posts

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to keeping the contrast stitching, I think it's a nice touch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to keeping the contrast stitching, I think it's a nice touch. 

IIRC that's one of the problems with the current set. Apparently it's a different type of stitching and it gets caught on the players' pads. I wish I had a source on that, but it's something I heard when the news of new Browns unis first broke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I assume a lot of this is to sell jersey merchandise, but do teams like the Packers and Patriots lack for sales success?

 

There are three ways to sell lots and lots of merchandise:

 

1) Win a whole lot of games; 

2) Introduce a hot new design to capitalize on current trends; or

3) Be the Packers.  

 

😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to keeping the contrast stitching, I think it's a nice touch. 

 

I'd say it's my most hated element, but there's like 5 that are tied for that spot.

 

 

Just one of the many reasons for hating it is that it fully integrates the template into the design of the uniform.  If they got a new template but otherwise didn't change the design, well the design did change because that stitching is kinda like a very light piping.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contrast stitching is something that seems like a cool, heretofore unexplored area for design until it's done in real life and looks chintzy. As you said, it shows that modern football templates are these bizarre patchworks of odd shapes that bear no resemblance to how civilian attire would be assembled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

  1. Fixed contrast stitching
  2. Shortened sleeve stripes
  3. Grey facemask (chose over white)
  4. "CLEVELAND" shrunk
  5. Numbers in white
  6. White pants w/ basic stripe contrast colored to sleeve and helmet stripes.

Such a simple fix. Looks way better. But could you try it again with Orange Pants, and a version on the Away Uniform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

  1. Fixed contrast stitching
  2. Shortened sleeve stripes
  3. Grey facemask (chose over white)
  4. "CLEVELAND" shrunk
  5. Numbers in white
  6. White pants w/ basic stripe contrast colored to sleeve and helmet stripes.

 

Lots of improvement there. Good work.

 

I’d definitely flip the colors on the sleeve stripes so they’re essentially a simpler version of the classic stripes. The extra white helps balance the numbers and pants, and the extra contrast of the white against the brown sharpens the look.

 

I’d also thin out the numbers a little. It looks like you have the orange fill and the white shadow combined there, and it feels a little beefy; I think you only need the weight of the orange fill. You might run into trouble with a dense number like 4 at that weight. I would also remove the extraneous angles and make the design of the numbers more traditional.

 

The Cleveland on the front is unnecessary as well, if I’m honest.

 

Lastly, at this point you’ve basically got a more contemporary take on the classics, and I wouldn’t mind keeping the brown mask around if that’s the approach. It looks a lot better than I thought it ever could.

 

On 9/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I'd say it's my most hated element, but there's like 5 that are tied for that spot.

 

 

Just one of the many reasons for hating it is that it fully integrates the template into the design of the uniform.  If they got a new template but otherwise didn't change the design, well the design did change because that stitching is kinda like a very light piping.  

 

 

 

The fact that they’re still in the old garment with seams all over the place really exacerbates this. Contrast stitching would be so much more tasteful and tolerable on the newer build that everyone else is using because there are only a couple seams on the whole jersey. Either way, though, it still feels a bit extra on a team like the Browns, even if the thinking behind it is sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

  1. Fixed contrast stitching
  2. Shortened sleeve stripes
  3. Grey facemask (chose over white)
  4. "CLEVELAND" shrunk
  5. Numbers in white
  6. White pants w/ basic stripe contrast colored to sleeve and helmet stripes.

This right here is the easy, and correct way to go imo.  Although, I actually like the brown facemask. Never liked the gray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, SFGiants58 said:

It's old ground, but I feel like treading it again. "Browns' should have been retired, a la Rough Riders for CFL Ottawa. The '99 team could have adopted the brown/orange/white color scheme and the same helmet design, but they shouldn't have been allowed to use the "Browns" name. Something that starts with "B" or "Br" would have been best.

 

 

The Cleveland Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

 

 

Why is Baker Mayfield wearing a bunch of camo pocketed compartments like a Rob Liefeld drawing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

 

Just wanted to say this is an amazing Photoshop job. Look at the lighting on the browned over part of the sleeve stripes, its magnificent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

Why is Baker Mayfield wearing a bunch of camo pocketed compartments like a Rob Liefeld drawing?

 

It's one of those scams the NFL runs to make a bunch of money while pretending to care. As Stephanie McMahon once wrote, "philanthropy is the future of marketing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The majority of people here prefer this

Screen-Shot-2019-09-05-at-7.52.19-AM.png

over this?!

usatsi_10471481.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1&z

 

I am no fan of the normal homes but man those color rush ones are just awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

The majority of people here prefer this

Screen-Shot-2019-09-05-at-7.52.19-AM.png

over this?!

usatsi_10471481.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1&z

 

I am no fan of the normal homes but man those color rush ones are just awful.

Awful > Steaming pile of 💩 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, _RH_ said:

The majority of people here prefer this

Screen-Shot-2019-09-05-at-7.52.19-AM.png

over this?!

usatsi_10471481.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1&z

 

I am no fan of the normal homes but man those color rush ones are just awful.

 

From the waist up, yes.

 

But overall even that garbage uni is still better than mono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I am no fan of the normal homes but man those color rush ones are just awful.

 

The Color Rush are the least worst jerseys in their closets right now.  That doesn't make them good.

 

And they are reportedly the most popular jerseys in the current set.  Which, again, doesn't make them actually popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pant wordmarks, the inverse stitching (whatever Nike speak it’s called) the big wordmarks, and the extended stripes make it bad, oh yeah and the weird angled drop shadows, brown face masks, and orange numbers also play a part. 

 

I’d prefer the monochromatic, whiteless more traditional jersey to that “modern” set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, gek_6 said:

Nothing special but quick easy fix. 

spacer.png

  1. Fixed contrast stitching
  2. Shortened sleeve stripes
  3. Grey facemask (chose over white)
  4. "CLEVELAND" shrunk
  5. Numbers in white
  6. White pants w/ basic stripe contrast colored to sleeve and helmet stripes.

 

Not bad. Better that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 5:04 PM, andrewharrington said:

I’d definitely flip the colors on the sleeve stripes so they’re essentially a simpler version of the classic stripes. The extra white helps balance the numbers and pants, and the extra contrast of the white against the brown sharpens the look.

 

I’d also thin out the numbers a little. It looks like you have the orange fill and the white shadow combined there, and it feels a little beefy; I think you only need the weight of the orange fill. You might run into trouble with a dense number like 4 at that weight. I would also remove the extraneous angles and make the design of the numbers more traditional.

 

The Cleveland on the front is unnecessary as well, if I’m honest.

 

Lastly, at this point you’ve basically got a more contemporary take on the classics, and I wouldn’t mind keeping the brown mask around if that’s the approach. It looks a lot better than I thought it ever could.

1.) Colors flipped didn't look good, so I went ahead and re-created the classic stripes.

2.) Number is now traditional font.

3.) Left bare looked naked, rolled with Browns on chest from old set (but in orange).

4.) Brown facemask brought back.

 

Bonus: Three different pant options all with traditional stripe on side.

 

As much as I love it, we could've seen this uniform by googling 'Joshua Cribbs'.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gek_6 said:

I’d definitely flip the colors on the sleeve stripes so they’re essentially a simpler version of the classic stripes. The extra white helps balance the numbers and pants, and the extra contrast of the white against the brown sharpens the look.

 

The Cleveland on the front is unnecessary as well, if I’m honest.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.