jimsimo

Cleveland Browns re-do in the works for 2020?

I’d say that gray can impact the overall color scheme of a helmet and it’s not the best choice for every team. However, gray facemasks are perfect for the Browns and any team trying to invoke a vintage aesthetic with the brand. It just can’t be a “cool” gray/blue-tinted gray that works better for silver helmet teams.

10 hours ago, CS85 said:

I would honestly love if there was a thread dedicated solely to facemasks, populated by the endless thousands of comments from over the years.  It would easily be hundreds of pages long at this point.

I’ve made a thread for such a thing. I think it would help to talk about the topic more.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:41 AM, McCarthy said:

I couldn't believe it. In 2016 the Browns decided to wear the football jersey equivalent of True Religion jeans. 

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

21 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I agree. I think the white facemask makes it look very 90s. In a bad way. 

Honestly i think their previous uniforms were close to perfect. 

If they do go back to a gray mask, black cleats are a must imo. Gray masks (excluding teams like Dal, Oak, etc.) should always be paired with black cleats. Alabama does it best. 

I wish there were grey gloves and shoes for teams with grey masks. I always thought that would be a nice way to coordinate all the equipment and make a rogue grey mask less of an eyesore for the non-believers. 😂

34 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

Nike likes to save that sort of thing for college.

usa_today_10291749.0.jpg

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Nike likes to save that sort of thing for college.

usa_today_10291749.0.jpg

Ah yes. The Ed Hardy Cowboys.

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I more meant that those jeans really emphasized the stitching. It was thick and bright white. 

Has anyone seen the full shirt design that Odell is wearing here? It kinda looks like an updated/redesigned brownie the elf. I believe it's the weight room shirt, but I can't seem to find a clear pic of the logo anywhere.

7 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

Has anyone seen the full shirt design that Odell is wearing here? It kinda looks like an updated/redesigned brownie the elf. I believe it's the weight room shirt, but I can't seem to find a clear pic of the logo anywhere.

It looks like a full color version of this graphic, including the text, which is itself a “camera-ready” version of the Browns’ earliest, pre-NFL depiction of Brownie, as seen on their 1946 program covers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It looks like a full color version of this graphic, including the text, which is itself a “camera-ready” version of the Browns’ earliest, pre-NFL depiction of Brownie, as seen on their 1946 program covers.

spacer.png

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

I wish the team would have used the brownie elf logo they had a decade ago as the primary merchandise logo. But it's clear the team never saw that more than a novelty. Mostly because when they survey fans is always "we don't want a logo on the helmet" means we want the helmet on merchandise. 

On 9/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, WBeltz said:

Ah yes. The Ed Hardy Cowboys.

COME AFTER ME

I'M A MAN

I'M HARDY