jimsimo

Cleveland Browns re-do in the works for 2020?

Recommended Posts

I’d say that gray can impact the overall color scheme of a helmet and it’s not the best choice for every team. However, gray facemasks are perfect for the Browns and any team trying to invoke a vintage aesthetic with the brand. It just can’t be a “cool” gray/blue-tinted gray that works better for silver helmet teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CS85 said:

 

I would honestly love if there was a thread dedicated solely to facemasks, populated by the endless thousands of comments from over the years.  It would easily be hundreds of pages long at this point.

I’ve made a thread for such a thing. I think it would help to talk about the topic more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 6:41 AM, McCarthy said:

 

I couldn't believe it. In 2016 the Browns decided to wear the football jersey equivalent of True Religion jeans. 

 

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

 

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

 

I agree. I think the white facemask makes it look very 90s. In a bad way. 

 

Honestly i think their previous uniforms were close to perfect. 

 

If they do go back to a gray mask, black cleats are a must imo. Gray masks (excluding teams like Dal, Oak, etc.) should always be paired with black cleats. Alabama does it best. 

 

I wish there were grey gloves and shoes for teams with grey masks. I always thought that would be a nice way to coordinate all the equipment and make a rogue grey mask less of an eyesore for the non-believers. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

 

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

 

Nike likes to save that sort of thing for college.

 

usa_today_10291749.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

 

Nike likes to save that sort of thing for college.

 

usa_today_10291749.0.jpg

Ah yes. The Ed Hardy Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I hate to break it to you, but almost *all* jeans have contrast stitching, not just the ugly ones.

 

Now, if they had embroidered filigree and rhinestones on the shoulders, I think you’d have a point. 🙂

I more meant that those jeans really emphasized the stitching. It was thick and bright white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Has anyone seen the full shirt design that Odell is wearing here? It kinda looks like an updated/redesigned brownie the elf. I believe it's the weight room shirt, but I can't seem to find a clear pic of the logo anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

 

 

Has anyone seen the full shirt design that Odell is wearing here? It kinda looks like an updated/redesigned brownie the elf. I believe it's the weight room shirt, but I can't seem to find a clear pic of the logo anywhere.

 

It looks like a full color version of this graphic, including the text, which is itself a “camera-ready” version of the Browns’ earliest, pre-NFL depiction of Brownie, as seen on their 1946 program covers.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

It looks like a full color version of this graphic, including the text, which is itself a “camera-ready” version of the Browns’ earliest, pre-NFL depiction of Brownie, as seen on their 1946 program covers.

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just make this guy the logo and color him in, and you can roll with him for another 50 years. Just get rid of the grass underneath him. I'd also be happy if their sleeve stripes were similar to what's her in this design. 

I wish the team would have used the brownie elf logo they had a decade ago as the primary merchandise logo. But it's clear the team never saw that more than a novelty. Mostly because when they survey fans is always "we don't want a logo on the helmet" means we want the helmet on merchandise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, WBeltz said:

Ah yes. The Ed Hardy Cowboys.

COME AFTER ME

I'M A MAN

I'M HARDY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, hawk36 said:

Or simply remove the white stripe (I know traditionalist hate this idea but visually I think it's way better). 

 

BrownsOrange.jpg

 

After seeing these on the field tonight, I agree completely, but just with this set.  By no means should they ever change the helmet full-time, but it would be a simple and very effective improvement to this particular set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Browns are set on going with a new look based off that (and the game last night), the only way it would work is if the white center stripe is removed--otherwise it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

 

I can see how a redesigned set based on this would look...and with the exception of the "away set", it'd pretty much have to exclude the white--which the more I think about it right in line with the "callback-to-old-school" aesthetic I'm sure both they and the Swoosh are chasing down right now. I wish there was a way for them to lighten up the brown just a smidge so it'd actually read as brown and not some weird shade of muted purple--but they have to be able to see the actual football, so...eh well.

 

In the absence of an actual Browns concept, let me give you what I think (okay, hope) they might be looking at via an old Grambling State concept from many years ago...just swap out black and yellow for brown and orange (and disregard the helmets; just pretend they're orange with two brown stripes like the photo above)...

 

GSU_stylebook3.png

 

GSU_stylebook4.png

 

GSU_stylebook5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Browns are gonna do a Redo, can they put some brown in their end zone???

The just 2 orange stripes look's lazy or like they ran out of time.

I was watching the game last night and it was driving me crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iBrockely said:

If the Browns are gonna do a Redo, can they put some brown in their end zone???

The just 2 orange stripes look's lazy or like they ran out of time.

I was watching the game last night and it was driving me crazy.

The end zone was brown with 2 orange stripes. I'd prefer some type of wordmark though instead of the stripes. I know that's their thing this year but it shouldn't be applied to everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, iBrockely said:

https://ibb.co/BjfSnc2

 

It was? cuz it didn't look brown to me?

It is definitely brown. If it was just two orange stripes like you said, the rest of the endzone would be green, which it clearly isn't based on that photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The end zone was brown with 2 orange stripes. I'd prefer some type of wordmark though instead of the stripes. I know that's their thing this year but it shouldn't be applied to everything. 

Seemed to work better when the stripes went vertically last season. More stripes and more orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.