kimball

Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

Recommended Posts

On 4/25/2017 at 4:39 PM, bwburke94 said:

Back when he was still Mike?

Yes. I don't think he started going by Giancarlo until 2013 or 2014 IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Yes. I don't think he started going by Giancarlo until 2013 or 2014 IIRC.

2012 season was his first as Giancarlo. He had always gone by Mike, his middle name, because his parents had called him Mike as a kid and in school teachers couldn't pronounce Giancarlo so he just went by Mike even into the major leagues. When the Marlins rebranded and changed virtually everything about the team going into their new ballpark, Stanton took that as his opportunity to speak up and ask to be called Giancarlo, his first name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

2012 season was his first as Giancarlo. He had always gone by Mike, his middle name, because his parents had called him Mike as a kid and in school teachers couldn't pronounce Giancarlo so he just went by Mike even into the major leagues. When the Marlins rebranded and changed virtually everything about the team going into their new ballpark, Stanton took that as his opportunity to speak up and ask to be called Giancarlo, his first name. 

It's a smart move on his part from a marketing standpoint too. Giancarlo Stanton is way more recognizable and unique than Mike Stanton. There were already 2 guys to play in the majors named Mike Stanton before the third one got there. I don't blame him for making the change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

It's a smart move on his part from a marketing standpoint too. Giancarlo Stanton is way more recognizable and unique than Mike Stanton. There were already 2 guys to play in the majors named Mike Stanton before the third one got there. I don't blame him for making the change. 

Yep 100% agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2017 at 7:34 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

5202-1600022Fr.jpg ae361ba66b61d59930d4f74cb20a2fde.jpg

 

Neely's final year was Bostons first in these sets. Not awful but I definitely preferred the cleaner 1975-1995 uniforms

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tim-thomas-of-the-boston-bruins-clears-the-puck-in-the-first-period-picture-id72685339

Tim Thomas, a relative latecomer, spent his early years of his NHL career in that very same Bruins pre-RBK Edge set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also Marc Savard and Zdeno Chara in their first year in Boston.  Hell, even Marco Sturm doesn't fit with that look.

 

boston-bruins-marc-savard-r-celebrates-his-goal-against-the-montreal-gxgb19.jpg.1b99381afe8093ea86a87092f1bf7627.jpg72026640.thumb.jpg.cc31a4d897d96e60151cec23141b1862.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Bruins uniforms were... weird. Trying to be two things at once (modern and traditional) and did neither too successfully. Kind of a mess, but at the same time not terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Oh god, its so so ugly.  No way to treat the best forward in team history.

 

nhl_g_forsberg_725.jpg

 

I don't see Joe Sakic anywhere in this pic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

 

I don't see Joe Sakic anywhere in this pic? 

 

His GM days have ruined him!  RUINED HIM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

though it's an alumni game...  I would have loved to see a prime Bourque in this uniform.

nhl_bruce_northrup.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USATSI_9793418_168383719_lowres-640x460.

Metta World Peace wearing the black Lakers alternate

s_ilgauskas_i.jpgilgauskas4.jpg

Zydrunas Ilgauskas pre-2003 

6a0120a6dde087970b01347fbd4328970c-320wi

Andre Iguodala

in_garrityfeature.jpg

Pat Garrity

s-l300.jpg

Bo Outlaw

kevin-willis.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkSlGTWyHt6Y5grW8VoCh

Kevin Willis

feb-1998-forward-bo-outlaw-and-guard-dar

Bo Outlaw again and Darrell Armstrong

kerry-kittles-1996_agtckv

Kerry Kittles

kidd-jefferson.jpg

Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson

vince-carter-of-the-new-jersey-nets-move

Does this count?

Ron_Artest_2005.jpg

Metta World Peace again

 

 

Edited by PepMan33Conde
Raptors VC photo was already posted and I forgot that MWP briefly donned the current Pacers unis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong uniform and number! DeAndre Jordan was briefly number 9 and had on the Elton Brand era uniforms during his rookie year.

 

590fe7c27585b_ScreenShot2017-05-07at11_35_31PM.thumb.png.0faa5d4d200c4dbe19fe6ddb43052857.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

3_23.jpg?itok=rS1y1LiA

Peja Stojakovic

 

Ehh, I don't know about that one for myself. That's honestly the very first uniform that comes to mind when I think of Peja.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barry Larkin in a big red machine uniform

Image result for barry larkin 1999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-05-07 at 10:15 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

 

Ehh, I don't know about that one for myself. That's honestly the very first uniform that comes to mind when I think of Peja.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just felt that Stojakovic had his career years wearing the 02-08 uniforms.

 

On-topic: Olaf Kolzig

Olie+Kolzig+2007+NHL+Headshots+XmLr1j8rb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 8:28 AM, Rj0498 said:

Barry Larkin in a big red machine uniform

Image result for barry larkin 1999

Eh, I don't think so. He won a World Series in this set. For me, this is right team, right uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 9:28 AM, Rj0498 said:

Barry Larkin in a big red machine uniform

Image result for barry larkin 1999

 

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Eh, I don't think so. He won a World Series in this set. For me, this is right team, right uniform.

 

I thought about him for this thread, but came to the conclusion that the closest wrong uniform for him would be the short lived red alternates they wore when GABP first opened.

 

image.jpg

 

 

every other uni he wore during his time with the team looks right. He wore the pullover uniforms in 4 all-star games and a World Series, the vested uniforms in his MVP year, the black heavy uniforms the last 6 years of his career which included 3 all star games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.