Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Roy Halladay Edition...

Image result for roy halladay 1998

Image result for roy halladay 1999

This was the identity the Jays wore when I first started following them, and to this day they're still my favourite. My father is partial to the original, and most fans are into the new stuff, but this resonates with me. I especially loved the blue with red letters and the white with blue sleeves.

On 10/31/2017 at 10:00 AM, MCM0313 said:

This is interesting. I'm guessing it's during Brady's rookie season of 2000, during the preseason, and the new pants weren't in yet?

It's from a practice before the Super Bowl in 2002 (2001 season). I looked up Roberto Schmidt on Getty and other images from that practice came up with the time stamp. Interesting that at the end of the second season of their current uniforms they were not only still using the old gear for practice pants, but they were packing it for a practice away from their facilities.

In 2009 when the Bengals were on Hard Knocks I saw a few players wearing the pre-2004 pants and I though it was just a cheap-skate Bengals move. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Dr. Jack's jacket is underrated.

That uniform stinks.

Well, I'm sure it does. Most basketball players get pretty sweaty. It looks nice to these eyes, though. ;)

Of course, I think the Pacers' current uniforms are probably their best ever, so I may not have the most orthodox tastes. 

Also, agree that the suit and tie look nice and wish more coaches in both football and basketball would dress that well today.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Dr. Jack's jacket is underrated.

That uniform stinks.

Well, I'm sure it does. Most basketball players get pretty sweaty. It looks nice to these eyes, though. ;)

Of course, I think the Pacers' current uniforms are probably their best ever, so I may not have the most orthodox tastes. 

Also, agree that the suit and tie look nice and wish more coaches in both football and basketball would dress that well today.

I was referring to the colour of the jacket more than to the fact that it's a suit jacket.  

Because NBA coaches wear suits, the jacket should have a team insignia, such as on Hank Stram's suit.

Related image

Baseball gets it right by outfitting the manager and coaches in uniforms.  But I also like the practice in soccer, where each manager decides on a game-by-game basis whether to wear a suit or casual wear or the team's gear.

Image result for mourinho chelsea sidelines  Image result for mourinho chelsea 2014  Image result for mourinho chelsea sidelines

And I also think that the Pacers' current uniforms are excellent.

• Like 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

18 hours ago, TorontoFan0906 said:

This was the identity the Jays wore when I first started following them, and to this day they're still my favourite. My father is partial to the original, and most fans are into the new stuff, but this resonates with me. I especially loved the blue with red letters and the white with blue sleeves.

Yeah, me too. The Blue with red letters is just an awesome jersey. The hat he's wearing in that picture (red bill) is my "daily wear" hat, gone through a few of them over the years.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I was referring to the colour of the jacket more than to the fact that it's a suit jacket.  

Because NBA coaches wear suits, the jacket should have a team insignia, such as on Hank Stram's suit.

Related image

Baseball gets it right by outfitting the manager and coaches in uniforms.  But I also like the practice in soccer, where each manager decides on a game-by-game basis whether to wear a suit or casual wear or the team's gear.

Image result for mourinho chelsea sidelines  Image result for mourinho chelsea 2014  Image result for mourinho chelsea sidelines

And I also think that the Pacers' current uniforms are excellent.

I think coaches' suits should be team-colored myself.

• Like 1

event_gizmo_williams.jpg

Gizmo Williams was mentioned in the "Players in the 'Wrong' Uniforms" thread, but here he is again, with his only 'wrong' uniform for the right team: The 'modern' style Eskimos (he's more associated with the 1980s set with the 'EE' monogram on the sleeves).

UBwef0L.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

Negative. His only season with them was in 2013. He was traded before September when the Phils were 22 games behind the Braves. An extremely forgettable stint.

Oh, wow. For some reason I remember him with Philly but not so much with the Dodgers.