Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

6 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

023.jpg?itok=qmXs6zC4

Bill Parcells with attire consisting of the old Patriots logo/look, a style he never coached New England in (changed logo/design for his first year there)

Parcells’ right team is the Giants, not the Pats. 

On 12/1/2017 at 3:08 PM, M4One said:

With Daniel Sedin (right) joining his brother, Henrik, in the 1000th point club, I would say that their biggest success has come in the current set.

Henrik+Sedin+Nashville+Predators+v+Vanco

They wore those uniforms for like 8 years.  Nothing wrong about those.

3 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

They wore those uniforms for like 8 years.  Nothing wrong about those.

Their best years came in the current set.  Henrik and Daniel won back to back scoring titles; Henrik won the Hart; Daniel the Ted Lindsey the next year; they went to the Final.  In the original Orca set, they were good players, not great, and they were guys that were also ridiculed by Canuck fans who came up with a drinking game for every time they would fall. 

Which leads us to this:

94f01bd2cdbd2568fd52532a256113a1--sports

Right team, wrong uniform, wrong number. Reggie played his final season in 1987, going back to the A's. But he inexplicably did not take his old A's number, which is no. 9; instead he wore the number that he had taken after leaving the A's, no. 44.

Like Reggie, Rickey Henderson abandoned his original A's number, no. 35, upon coming to the Yankees; and, like Reggie, Rickey became better known for his Yankee number, and wore it even upon his return to the A's. But Rickey returned mid-career, whereas Reggie had returned only for his final year. So the A's wound up retiring Rickey's Yankee number, no. 24; while for Reggie they retired his original A's number, no. 9.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Alts don't count, because you could find dozens of players that only wore their team's alt a few times.

Now for a few local ones (which I'm sure I've posted at some point before, but whatever)

1. Bobby Taylor in his rookie season wore the Eagles kelly green uniform.  Bonus - that was the only year that jersey had twill numbers, and they were skinnier than any other version of that jersey:

3598-888715Fr.jpg

2. The late Darren Daulton in the '86 set.  Bonus Facts: 1) while he wore the swirl-P for 6+ seasons, he only wore this version (red pinstripes, non-swirl-p on chest) for the first of those.

120136-8188619Fr.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."