Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

57 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I'm still curious what would happen if ten years ago entire Seattle roster refused to play in OKC? What NBA and Clay Bennet would do?

I often wonder, if a purple elephant with big eagle wings and an eight-foot-long giraffe neck flew up to me... well, 8 feet behind me, and asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink, what would I do?

It's exactly the same thing.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

czRrsE9.jpg

• Like 7
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I often wonder, if a purple elephant with big eagle wings and an eight-foot-long giraffe neck flew up to me... well, 8 feet behind me, and asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink, what would I do?

It's exactly the same thing.

Very funny....

4r2eer.png

21 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Ernie Banks only wore this road uniform for a little more than two seasons. That style is associated more with the 1945 team than Ernie’s era. 

Those look so much better in digital form than they do in real life.  That's awful.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It was in that outfit that he received the honor of becoming a minifigure:

nba009.png

Yes, that's the face they went with for him.

Why did every lego basketball player have to look like Shelden Williams?😂

104835978.jpg

• Like 14

Stretching the definition of "uniform" here (and sorry if it was posted before).

Some think of Hall of Famer Goose Gossage as a White Sox guy (a White Sock?)...some think of him as a Yankee...some think of him as a Padre, a Pirate, a Cub, a Giant, a Ranger, an Athletic, a Mariner...

Few think of him as a man who would look good in a pair of Bermuda shorts (The Sox wore it on Game 1 of their August 8, 1976 doubleheader).  He famously joked about how he wish he'd had more prep time so he could Nair his legs for the occasion...but he got the save in the Sox's 5-2 win over the Royals.

(I think the Sox won because the Royals were trying so hard to keep from laughing that they couldn't focus on the game)

sox-shorts-2015.jpg

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png