Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

9 hours ago, Unocal said:

Doug Gilmour in the 70s-80s Leaf unis

spacer.pngspacer.png

Philip Rivers wearing the classic powder blue Chargers uniform before they overhauled the look

spacer.pngspacer.png

Wearing a throwback doesn’t equal a wrong uniform to me. If that’s the case this thread would be a lot longer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Wearing a throwback doesn’t equal a wrong uniform to me. If that’s the case this thread would be a lot longer.

EDIT: Nevermind

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I've always laughed at the team headshots using incorrect uniforms, or players wearing preseason numbers (since they take these early summer)

James Robinson #38 (wore 30 all season)

James Robinson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

D'Andre Swift #6 (32 in games)Detroit Lions practice: D'Andre Swift, Bo Scarbrough back; Joe Dahl out

Steelers still use an ancient reebok jersey for headshots:

Chase Claypool - NFL News, Rumors, & Updates | FOX SportsDiontae Johnson Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 7/29/2021 at 11:27 PM, Unocal said:

Jaromir Jagr

spacer.png

I'll see that, and raise you this one:

GvbW71h.png

• Like 8

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

5 hours ago, Unocal said:

Mario Lemieux

spacer.png

pittsburgh-penguins-owner-mario-lemieux-

• Like 2

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

You could put every Angels player in that uniform and it would qualify as the "wrong look."

Disagree. Its not a perfect look and I recognize this probably falls in the "Unpopular Opinions" category, but I think its worlds better than the bland red-on-red beveled mess they're wearing now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

Disagree. Its not a perfect look and I recognize this probably falls in the "Unpopular Opinions" category, but I think its worlds better than the bland red-on-red beveled mess they're wearing now.

I agree that red-on-red isn't a great look either. And I wouldn't even say it's better than this. To me, the Angels should always be a navy first, red secondary brand, despite the longevity and relative success they've had with the current look. 

To be honest, I think this era of uniform might have been more appealing had they avoided pinstripes and powder blue and added sleeves. Something simpler could've saved it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree that red-on-red isn't a great look either. And I wouldn't even say it's better than this. To me, the Angels should always be a navy first, red secondary brand, despite the longevity and relative success they've had with the current look. 

To be honest, I think this era of uniform might have been more appealing had they avoided pinstripes and powder blue and added sleeves. Something simpler could've saved it.

I agree with you on being navy first, red secondary, and the pinstripes looking gross. But I also think the periwinkle blue is what makes the look decent as opposed to being just yet another navy and red team.

• Like 1