Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

LeBron only wore this one season, so it felt like the wrong uniform for him:

https://i1.wp.com/www.thebasketballnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/USATSI_10816539.jpg?fit=3489%2C2617&ssl=1

But if you follow NBA social media like me, you see a lot of lionizing of his 2018 season as among his best ever as an individual. So for statheads, it's become the right uniform.

This, however, will always be wrong for anyone wearing it:

https://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/mtgcr5telt3ittm8cgns/lebron-james-cavs-clippers-1-2018-la

(The original "guardians" uniform)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Does this count?

dwight-howard.jpg

I mean it does but he was already averaging 20pts/14reb playing in these jerseys. Perhaps us Magic fans still consider these also right, he actually played more games in these than he did in the ones that followed. To a national audience I can see why they would consider the pinstripe jerseys as "right" for Dwight, after all he did reach the NBA Finals in the Magic's first year with the new (current) jerseys. 

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bonus points for a neckroll - possibly the least-necessary and most-restrictive piece of equipment I ever tried out when I played.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, BBTV said:

Bonus points for a neckroll - possibly the least-necessary and most-restrictive piece of equipment I ever tried out when I played.

I never wore it when I played, but speaking of neckrolls I was always partial to Bryan Cox playing while attached to an airplane seat headrest.

080316-Bryan-Cox.vresize.1024.576.high.5

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

What was the intended purpose of that equipment?

Standard neck roll?  I could never figure it out.  Maybe just to look bigger?  All I know was that as a lineman, it limited my ability to lift my head up when in 3-pt stance so I was just staring at grass and getting run over until I got rid of it.

In Cox's case, I could see how that weird thing would cushion the blow to his head if he ever got knocked on his back and his head crashed against the turf.  As a stand-up LB, it probably didn't limit him as much as it may have had he been on the line.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."