Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

1 hour ago, dont care said:

To keep the head from snapping back causing whiplash. 

One issue with that is that with the way they attached to the shoulder pads they were often too far back or too close to the neck to actually accomplish that.  I guess in my case it would have worked but if you look at many players, there's no way it would have.

Example of both cases - I don't think the roll would assist either Lambert or Bosworth.

jack-lambert.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBq95e4DKDIE5aNOx3XQH

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

One issue with that is that with the way they attached to the shoulder pads they were often too far back or too close to the neck to actually accomplish that.  I guess in my case it would have worked but if you look at many players, there's no way it would have.

Example of both cases - I don't think the roll would assist either Lambert or Bosworth.

jack-lambert.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBq95e4DKDIE5aNOx3XQH

Lambert’s I’d say works just fine. It’s not made for stopping movement completely just to slow it down and prevent whiplash. Bosworth on the other hand I thing was purely for fashion, would have to see him with a helmet on to made a proper assessment. 

I’m almost sure it’s been said already, but I’m not about to scour through 47 pages of a several years-old thread. 

That said, A.I. doesn’t look right in ANY of these. 
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Hell, a couple of those are "right team, wrong hair" too!

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/1/2021 at 6:53 AM, Chawls said:

I’m almost sure it’s been said already, but I’m not about to scour through 47 pages of a several years-old thread. 

That said, A.I. doesn’t look right in ANY of these. 
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Iverson only looked right in the black jersey set. The irony is, no other player looked good in the black jersey set

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Marc Methot wearing the 2D jersey for a fantasy camp in Ottawa. Funny that he's wearing the pre-edge white socks, which he also never wore as a player.

spacer.png

When have the Senators ever wore those socks?  The pre-edge socks are the same ones they are wearing now.

On 4/23/2022 at 5:42 PM, M4One said:

When have the Senators ever wore those socks?  The pre-edge socks are the same ones they are wearing now.

Actually yeah, you're right. Not sure why I thought those were the socks they wore back then. Must've just been something he found in a sporting goods store or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Granted, that travesty is no one's right uniform.

Honestly, I think the Edge-era Avs jerseys are about the perfect jersey for Matt Duchene. When I think about Matt Duchene I think about the Avs teams that stunk up the joint in the Edge threads.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Someone posted Rookie Allen Iverson and I raise you something even weirder, him wearing the headband and cornrows in his Rookie season. Nobody remembers him having his signature look in his rookie year but he started it in the 2nd half of the season, most notably in the Rookie-Sophmore game.

1997-Rookie-Game.jpg

• Like 8

bSLCtu2.png