Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

12 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

I agree with Wallace and KG, but I really think that Kemp and Gary look more "right" in the red and green unis

Fair enough, I just picture him in the green and gold arched wordmark unis that he wore for 6 out of his 8 seasons in Seattle.

Edit: Talking about Kemp here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Jordan as a rookie

dfd74826ab64b330376f0d41d477d36c.jpg

The cursive script doesn't really look "wrong" on Jordan to me. No, it isn't the jersey design in which he won six NBA Finals, but he first became an NBA star in this style. He was wearing cursive script when he dropped a playoff-record 63 points on the Celtics (in a loss, and in a series in which the Bulls were swept, but a record nonetheless). He's wearing cursive script on his sought-after rookie card. MJ has no wrong uniform in Chicago...well, except #12.

• Like 1

Marshawn Lynch his first year in Seattle:

136143201_crop_north.jpg?1329705647&w=99

A.C. Green 2000 Lakers

a-c-green.jpg

1999 Tim Duncan Fiesta Spurs (kinda):

ap_c01_spurs_flag_28_943757.jpg?w=1000&h

Rookie Jason Kidd on the Mavs:

image21807.jpg

Penny Hardaway, non-Pinstripes Magic:

72316637_display_image.jpg

Yao Ming, pajamas

578dff0020a4d22e12d9c520aa066a38.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

IMG_2398.JPG.324491337d649f6836be3e480646b730.JPG

That's just wrong team. I know he broke in with the Bucs and ended his career in Pittsburgh, but his best (and most famous) years were with the Cubs. He was also on three playoff teams and hit a grand slam in the ill-fated 2003 NLCS. 

He was never appreciated like he should've been in Chicago, and after 2016 he never will be. Regardless, the Cubs are the right team for him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The cursive script doesn't really look "wrong" on Jordan to me. No, it isn't the jersey design in which he won six NBA Finals, but he first became an NBA star in this style. He was wearing cursive script when he dropped a playoff-record 63 points on the Celtics (in a loss, and in a series in which the Bulls were swept, but a record nonetheless). He's wearing cursive script on his sought-after rookie card. MJ has no wrong uniform in Chicago...well, except #12.

No he wasn't. The Bulls dropped that design after Jordan's rookie season; by his second year they were wearing essentially the same unis they have now.

jordan2_110420.jpg

• Like 4

Greg Ostertag spent 10 seasons in Utah, one season in each of these.

2346-684597Bk.jpg3134-768356Fr.jpg

Joe Johnson, spent 7 seasons in Atlanta, only two in these, was an all-star every year he wore the Navy/Red/White duds.

act_joe_johnson.jpg.jpg

Does this count? This should count.

hornetsjersey-cov.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Discogod said:

No he wasn't. The Bulls dropped that design after Jordan's rookie season; by his second year they were wearing essentially the same unis they have now.

jordan2_110420.jpg

Really? Wow. So I guess it's his RoY uniform and not much else.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eRay said:

Greg Ostertag spent 10 seasons in Utah, one season in each of these.

2346-684597Bk.jpg3134-768356Fr.jpg

Joe Johnson, spent 7 seasons in Atlanta, only two in these, was an all-star every year he wore the Navy/Red/White duds.

act_joe_johnson.jpg.jpg

Does this count? This should count.

hornetsjersey-cov.jpg

Osterfat wore the double-blues? How did that guy have such a long career?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnnysama said:

25799683152_e2903954d3_o.jpg

Most people will associate the late, great Roberto Clemente with the uniform set on the left, but not on the right (however revolutionary it was then).

I think a case can be made that the one on the right isn't wrong. He wore that in the 1971 World Series, which was his transcendent moment. It's also what he was wearing when he got his 3,000th and last hit.

Semi-related, has any team other than the Bucs ever changed from an excellent classic-style uniform to an excellent modern-style uniform like they did in the early 70s? Both are great.

• Like 1