2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Uniforms

Mr. Krabs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

They quietly swapped the home with the alternate mid season. This one was popular at the time, and probably influenced the decision to go with a wordmark as the new logo.

I liked that alt enough for what it was, but at the same time it was really overrated.

I remember thinking the colors were way too close to the Kings at the time. Two teams in the same general area and you're both gonna wear black, purple, and silver? Cmon!

The MD shoulder patch was bad, the wordmark wasn't much better. The only thing kind of clever about them was the stripes somewhat mimicked the stripes on a duck's wing

fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-Fwsgx

PvO6ZWJ.png

24 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Am I the only one who feels Edmonton losing the blues and going to orange at home is a mistake?  Those Edmonton blues are a thing of beauty!

No and I've seen a lot of outrage elsewhere besides our little complaint department here at CCSLC.

Why dress like the team that won 5 Stanley Cups when you can look like the one that played in the WHA? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

Am I the only one who feels Edmonton losing the blues and going to orange at home is a mistake?  Those Edmonton blues are a thing of beauty!

Yes! While I'm a fan of 3rd jerseys and this site has to be the best for pictures of it for lack of a better word the Oilers Orange jersey is just too Orange.I know.Face palm.The blue jersey's were a thing of beauty.Wear the Orange once in a while maybe when you play Calgary.

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The only thing kind of clever about them was the stripes somewhat mimicked the stripes on a duck's wing

fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-Fwsgx

That's actually really cool!  If they had bothered to make a duck logo, instead of the bland baseball script, they could have really had something.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

That's actually really cool!  If they had bothered to make a duck logo, instead of the bland baseball script, they could have really had something.

That's what I wish they had from Day One. No Disney Duck, no scripts, and no webfoot-D as a primary/letter in a script. Just an ornithologically-correct Duck logo as primary, with the webfoot-D (or the early 1990's equivalent of it - gotta remember New Historicism's thesis) as an alternate would be the best possible identity for the team.

10 hours ago, mafiaman said:

I like both a lot. Maybe orange a little more because it's bright and pops. But yeah the blue from the glory days looks great also. I just don't like that most of the merchandise is navy when they are royal blue. 

Despite their history of winning three of four cups while wearing their "old-is-new-again" black unit (well, kind of last year), a small, small part of me would not be surprised if the Pens wore their gold sets from the Stadium Series at home. It'd match the whole "gold-out" they do during the playoffs now.

If they did that, though, for the love of god remove the "City of Champions" patch. It's already pretentious as hell, too big, and throws off the balance, but to wear that during the playoffs? No way. Bad juju.

oBIgzrL.png

2 hours ago, insert name said:

I do think it's just strange that they finally start playing well in their Royal Blue dynasty sets then immediately announce they're switching to orange full time starting in the playoffs. 

I don't like it, but I get it. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

2 hours ago, insert name said:

I do think it's just strange that they finally start playing well in their Royal Blue dynasty sets then immediately announce they're switching to orange full time starting in the playoffs. 

I think this is just one example of many that shows just how tone deaf some organizations' management really are.

My takes:

EAST:

Montreal v New York - If you complain about it, get off this site immediately Bottom line- I shouldn't even have to explain myself

Ottawa v Boston - For the sake of consistency, i say the sens should stay with the red. I love the number font. I think the jersey needs some work in the future, for sure, but they should wear the usual home. Boston- needs to simplify a bit, but that is a problem you cant fix at this point. Black home, White away Bottom line- Not perfect. Both designs need work individually

Washington v Toronto -  Caps should wear the throwbacks, since they're going full time with them in the future. Its a nice look. What option do the leafs have? keep the look you've had forever. Bottom Line- Nostalgic Look

Columbus v Pittsburgh - I like the Jackets home blues. They don't have a white version of the cannon, so home and road will look off. pittsburgh should not wear yellow/gold. Thats the Predators thing. Bottom line- Interesting, but the colors will work well together. Great games will come along with great uniforms in this series

WEST:

Chicago v Nashville - Just wear the usual, good looking matchup Bottom line- how can i complain?

Minnesota v St Louis - Minnesota- wear your green. St louis looks great. This will be a nice match Bottom line- 2 of the better looking teams in the west, no complaints

Anaheim v Calgary - Well, since edmonton is going orange, id say the ducks stay in black. I prefer the orange though, but we already have on in edmonton (Unfortunately). Unpopular opinion, but i like calgary's set. I think its nice actually. But if they go throwback, boy I am not opposed.  Bottom line- nice matchup of modern looks

San Jose v Edmonton - San Jose WEAR TEAL!!! The only team in the League with the color and they like to wear black. There needs to be more colors in this league. Where are the purples and teals? Orange has made a comeback! But speaking of orange, That's the flyers and ducks, @edmonton. You are a blue team. Its such a legendary look, why change it? there is hardly any royal blue in the 'yoffs, why would you wear orange? i get its a new era but the blue is sooooooo clean! Bottom line- so much more could be here. I guess it could be worse, but it could be so much better

Well there's no flyers, so im gonna say im disappointed this year. At least we have some nice uniform matchups to look forward to in philadelphia.

Bottom line- Im a blue jackets fan for the next week or so

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Minnesota v St Louis - Minnesota- wear your green. St louis looks great. This will be a nice match Bottom line- 2 of the better looking teams in the west, no complaints

I have a feeling that St. Louis will surprise us all, and wear they're Winter Classic sweaters at home... They wore it as many times as possible since unveiling it, and they wore it for they're season closer... As much as I love the Blues Current set, I have a feeling that this is gonna happen... 

I also think that Minnesota wearing green has been confirmed... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

22 hours ago, Morgo said:

Really?  I'm a fan of the team and I don't even like it.

It could use a touch, remove some things, but I love the black c and black numbers... unique in the league even though it's kinda BFBS

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Ducks go with their business blacks, as expected.

We've officially seen the last of the orange Mighty jerseys. For now, at least.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived