kimball

Scrubs in Stars' Jerseys

kuberski.jpg

Steve Kuberski was the last Celtic to wear #33 before Larry Bird.

Tony Smith number 34 on Lakers

TonySmith.jpg.9522289724b28f07733e1db6b9fe0436.jpg

Alex Kessler 33 on Heat

78544245.thumb.jpg.5ccc5addcde339a8ee3ca1b75c579791.jpg

Lance Blanks 21 on Twolves

473165198.jpg.97c28795f523c046feb2ad4fab0dccd1.jpg

Brian Howard number 41 on Mavericks

2103-669741Fr.jpg.696da4cf568553ad252ee78f6de4edc7.jpg

23668.jpg

Unfortunately, I was unable to track down a game pic, but Randy Ladouceur was the last person on the Detroit Red Wings to don #19 before Steve Yzerman made it his own for the team.

8 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

The first thing I thought of was this: former Miami Dolphins safety Jake Scott. He wasn't exactly a scrub, though. He was MVP of Super Bowl VII (the undefeated team), a five time Pro Bowler, and is in the Dolphin Honor Roll.

Image result for jake scott miami dolphins

It can be argued that this guy is the real Dolphins #13...he is a 2x Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP,  and had multiple Pro Bowl selections. The retired number should be shared.

9 hours ago, johnnysama said:

23668.jpg

Unfortunately, I was unable to track down a game pic, but Randy Ladouceur was the last person on the Detroit Red Wings to don #19 before Steve Yzerman made it his own for the team.

That number font is awesome

9 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

It can be argued that this guy is the real Dolphins #13...he is a 2x Super Bowl winner, Super Bowl MVP,  and had multiple Pro Bowl selections. The retired number should be shared.

Well Marino had all the passing records for a time, so to call Scott the real 13 is a stretch. That said, I think the retirement of the number should be shared, since they both contributed massively to Dolphins lore.

Denzel Valentine on the Bulls from this season. He's not a scrub by any means but it's definitely weird to see someone wear #45 on the Bulls.

ct-denzel-valentine-sprained-ankle-spt-0

Mike Ryan in 2010, the guy who wore #27 in between Vladimir Guerrero and Mike Trout.

102500385.jpg.b946ad8befde96460979530ae9c712ae.jpg

bo.jpg

Long before Stephen Curry made #30 his own for the Warriors, Billy Owens was the one who was the standout wearing that number for the team.

Lynn Dickey (pretty decent QB in his own right)

Lynn+Dickey.png

T.J. Rubley (played for ONE drive/series in 1995, then was never seen again afterwards)

rubley+-+jsonline.jpg

3 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Lynn Dickey (pretty decent QB in his own right)

Lynn+Dickey.png

T.J. Rubley (played for ONE drive/series in 1995, then was never seen again afterwards)

rubley+-+jsonline.jpg

Good ol' T.J. Rubley...loved his name. Wasn't he the lowest-rated player in Madden history at one point?

20 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

Image result for dr. cox jeremy shockey jersey

Dr. Cox also loved the Giants

Hmmm...this was too early for the #80 to be Victor Cruz...was that Shockey's number in New York? It's been so long I can hardly remember. I know he wore a different number with the Saints than with the Giants...I wanna say he was 80 with NYG and then 88 with NO...can't recall what number he wore in Carolina.

^ #80 was Shockey's number in New York.