Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (New Bucks Full Concept)

itsmb8

And here's the Grizzlies!  Changed the wordmark to match the font (the font I used only had white in the middle, plus I like this way better anyways), added the old logo to each side of the shorts, added sublimated claw marks behind the logo on the shorts, and added the new logo to the yellow space on the waistband.  As always guys, C&C is highly appreciated.

5911130ccd060_memphishome.thumb.png.c2aeee97956f114f4c0d0dde1edcdbb7.png

Onto the Kings!

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the Kings for everyone.  Pretty simple with a stripe on each side of the shorts topped by the crown and the lion secondary logo.  The current wordmark and numbers are used with a gray outline, and a gray waistband with a white crown in front.  The collar is also split purple on top gray underneath.  The 2nd version i have replaces all the gray with black.

591167897ccd7_sacramentohome.thumb.png.2b5d02dc0dffbf707bb5ecbe3ebfee5f.png5911678158f56_sacramentohomeblack.thumb.png.bbf265e286f09b2e7ea96bee00c4c274.png

• itsmb8 changed the title to Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (Kings added)

Kings - Not a fan of their recent switch to gray nor their new wordmark fonts. Their new logos are very solid, though, and I love the way you've used them here -- the shorts striping with the crown top is a nice touch, and the shorts design reminds me a bit of an upside-down version of the Raptors' shorts striping. In addition to finding a better font, I'd space the numerals more and play with the color balance a bit because the purple and black collar vs. the black waistband vs. the purple shorts striping doesn't feel very cohesive. All of the elements feel like they're here on this uniform, and with a few minor tweaks I'd say you'd have yourself a very good set on your hands.

Grizzlies - I've come to the conclusion that they're about due for a complete overhaul -- new colors, new fonts/wordmarks, and new uniform designs. What they have is solid, but it feels increasingly dull and dated. That said, what you've got here is a clean uniform that doesn't try to do too much....which isn't a bad thing, though it feels like a lateral move and change for change's sake. I've struggled with a Grizzlies concept of my own on multiple occasions in not-so-distant past, so I know they're difficult to work with as you mentioned earlier, but I'd challenge you to really think outside the box for them.

9 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Grizzlies - I've come to the conclusion that they're about due for a complete overhaul -- new colors, new fonts/wordmarks, and new uniform designs. What they have is solid, but it feels increasingly dull and dated. That said, what you've got here is a clean uniform that doesn't try to do too much....which isn't a bad thing, though it feels like a lateral move and change for change's sake. I've struggled with a Grizzlies concept of my own on multiple occasions in not-so-distant past, so I know they're difficult to work with as you mentioned earlier, but I'd challenge you to really think outside the box for them.

This is on point - the Grizzlies look has become a little dated (double blue+yellow=NBA 2003-2007) and they do need a refresh.  I think something that uses teal, black, and red again would be fun, if not realistic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Here are the Kings for everyone.  Pretty simple with a stripe on each side of the shorts topped by the crown and the lion secondary logo.  The current wordmark and numbers are used with a gray outline, and a gray waistband with a white crown in front.  The collar is also split purple on top gray underneath.  The 2nd version i have replaces all the gray with black.

591167897ccd7_sacramentohome.thumb.png.2b5d02dc0dffbf707bb5ecbe3ebfee5f.png5911678158f56_sacramentohomeblack.thumb.png.bbf265e286f09b2e7ea96bee00c4c274.png

Use the one with the charcoal, and take off the side panels on the jersey top, and you have a winner.  I like the stripes on the shorts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I'd just change the numbers. I'm not a fan of the two numbers being one piece. 

16 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Im not a fan of the stripes on here, The points at the tip are meant to resemble a crown but since you made it extend, it looks like Bart Simpsons head.

55 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

This version just looks a lot better to me..

59125c66c1535_sacramentohomeV2.thumb.png.cc616e1127f06a3dd4449f32a9f063de.png

The Kings wordmark is much better, I like the purple waist band and lack of stripe on the jersey, but the shorts stripe from your first set was near perfect imo.

I also think you need to have a bit of a gap between each number, they gray is just so dark it blends into the purple and the numbers end up looking squished together as a result.

1 hour ago, lbj273 said:

The Kings wordmark is much better, I like the purple waist band and lack of stripe on the jersey, but the shorts stripe from your first set was near perfect imo.

I also think you need to have a bit of a gap between each number, they gray is just so dark it blends into the purple and the numbers end up looking squished together as a result.

I removed the gray to get rid of that problem.  With the font im using, spacing out each number makes them too spaced out, and i have a feeling it was the colors causing the problem anyways.591276ae8c9f8_sacramentohomeV2.thumb.png.79114f744ac4323b99943ecc1be2415d.png

17 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I removed the gray to get rid of that problem.  With the font im using, spacing out each number makes them too spaced out, and i have a feeling it was the colors causing the problem anyways.591276ae8c9f8_sacramentohomeV2.thumb.png.79114f744ac4323b99943ecc1be2415d.png

The numbers are much more legible now. I understand your concern about too much spacing, but was it your intention to have the numbers connected? Can you post a jersey with the number 11 and one with the number 71 to see how it looks? Thanks. Great work, BTW.

591368019f44f_sacramentohomeV2.thumb.png.11f0dbbc731bdc20f69388606a991897.png

591367f95a20a_sacramentohomeV271.thumb.png.ce53795368310287ff1b1fafb4b56c1a.png

It is really close together, but thats just the outcome from the font is used and the double outline.  Yet at the same time making the entire outline black or not using an outline at all wouldnt look good imo.  

Also, im going to start working on my own Portland uniform to incorporate the new logo and wordmark, plus the one i posted wasnt really my idea anyways.

I guess 71 looks okay; I thought it would've looked too close.  The 11, though, looks like it's little bit illegible.  It's your design and artistic choice, but I think it might be easier to read with a bit more room.  Either way, I think your concept looks better then the actual jersey they have right now.  I thought I'd like the current "Kings" wordmark more but I guess I've growing to dislike it more and more.

KINGS.png

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

I guess 71 looks okay; I thought it would've looked too close.  The 11, though, looks like it's little bit illegible.  It's your design and artistic choice, but I think it might be easier to read with a bit more room.  Either way, I think your concept looks better then the actual jersey they have right now.  I thought I'd like the current "Kings" wordmark more but I guess I've growing to dislike it more and more.

KINGS.png

To be honest, I was just going with the font, but that definitely looks better.

3 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Here is my new Blazers uniform!  Their current design is never really going to disappear but i changed it up a bit: 

5913889581d66_portlandhome.thumb.png.60624d07ca1a57cb824250e17c2ded1e.png

Maybe add a single white line where the black and the red line intersect? Or even a white stripe with the thickness of three black stripes, if that makes sense.

It's okay on the jersey as is, and the stripes on the shorts might be okay when worn and looked at from the front and the rear, but looks a bit thick from the angle.  Just my two cents.

Archived