Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (New Bucks Full Concept)

itsmb8

Changed up my Hornets concept, as you guys suggested to change the honeycomb pattern to the gradient as the outline, but that didnt look that good either so i took it out.  Instead I have the current stripe on both sides of the shorts, and now have a sublimated honeycomb around the entire uniform kinda like what the hawks currently have.  

59141c4db875f_charlottehome.thumb.png.bc60e455c555cfb77513f2552b1c642a.png

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hornets - I really like the update you've got here -- the pattern is perfectly subtle enough and very well-scaled. The only discrepancy I see is the fact that the jersey is very clean while the shorts are very busy. I think the design of their current uniforms strikes a good balance between both by relegating the striping to just one side of the jersey and shorts. Also, the contrast-color belt buckle could afford to be dropped as a means of further cleaning up the shorts. 

• itsmb8 changed the title to Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (Hornets added)
  • itsmb8 changed the title to Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (Raptors added)

In comes Octobers Very Own, the Toronto Raptors!  With this I always see the old Raptors jerseys around me (im in college so basketball jerseys are everywhere) plus I think those are classics thanks to Vince Carter, so I brought back most concepts from that jersey.  I did not put the Rator on the front though (I could already tell it would make the jersey super crowded) and used the old modern wordmark too.  The number font I believe is the current font, but it still meshes pretty well, and the maple leaf makes an appearance on each side of the shorts, with a red and purple outline that ties into the stripe.  That stripe is also used on the collar and waistband.  It might look a little crowded at first to some of you, but that would only be caused my the pinstripes.  Ill make this in 2K and add the pictures here to give you all ideas of what they would actually look like on players.  And of course OVO SOUND is the jersey sponsor, because it has to be.

591562dec27a5_torontohome.thumb.png.58fed32bbfef7518d4daf2d77a5ed87b.png

Looks good. Not sure if the leaves on the shorts have to be smaller, but I don't think that much black filler looks good. Maybe change the inside to white and/or put a third/alternate logo or team element in the a la Chicago and old school San Antonio?

Glad you brought back the "pinstripes," but how about changing the middle one to the same lighter shade as the ones in its left and right side? Same for the backside of the jersey.

I might just shrink the leafs a tad later on. I tried putting the new ball and claw marks logo inside the leaf and made the bottom of the shorts feel really crowded.  Also the multicolored pinstripes are from their old uniforms.

1 minute ago, itsmb8 said:

I might just shrink the leafs a tad later on. I tried putting the new ball and claw marks logo inside the leaf and made the bottom of the shorts feel really crowded.

That's what I was afraid of, hence my use of "and/or" in my c&c ☺

What about purple inside the maple leaves?

Had more ideas but accidentally pressed something on my phone and it erased it all.

What about making the Maple leaf on the shorts even bigger, leaving inside black and adding the player's number (white number with red outlines) in there?  You know, reminiscent of the back of the away gen 2 Nike version?

tr.png

On 5/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, itsmb8 said:

Minor update the the Blazers..

5913c45be1375_portlandhome.thumb.png.e93271993e3cccfc054722a92a893d45.png

Much better and a lot more cleaner!!

I also loves your take on the Hornets especially with the stripe on both sides of the shorts and subliminal honeycomb. 

Requests? Will get back to ya. Keep it up!

shado_logo.gif

Archived