itsmb8

Nike NBA Concepts 2017-18 (New Bucks Full Concept)

Recommended Posts

On 5/11/2017 at 4:10 PM, itsmb8 said:

Changed up my Hornets concept, as you guys suggested to change the honeycomb pattern to the gradient as the outline, but that didnt look that good either so i took it out.  Instead I have the current stripe on both sides of the shorts, and now have a sublimated honeycomb around the entire uniform kinda like what the hawks currently have.  

 

59141c4db875f_charlottehome.thumb.png.bc60e455c555cfb77513f2552b1c642a.png

What to say? amazing work. I will not be surprise if hornets will wear this for 17-18 Opener.  The Sublimated honeycomb i guess is the game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trail Blazers - The balance feels off to me -- specifically the sash and accompanying shorts striping. Whereas the collar trim is one red stripe and one black stripe, the waistband is one red stripe and one black stripe, and the logo is one red half pinwheel and one black half pinwheel, the two red stripes and two black stripes on the sash and accompanying shorts striping feel inconsistent and arbitrary. I think one red stripe and one black stripe would work better, and I could also see an argument for five (thinner) red stripes and five (thinner) black stripes to mirror the pinwheel logo. Also, with as dominant of an element as the sash is, I think the waistband striping might add some unnecessary clutter. 

 

Raptors - I really like these! Their uniforms have been lackluster at best - aside from the ones @sayahh posted - since the original pinstriped ones. While the template is certainly dated, it doesn't feel like it, and I think a lot of that has to do with the absence of the dinosaur as well as the clean wordmark and numeral font....as much as I loved those elements on the original ones, they belong solely in the '90s. The only change I'd consider making to the jersey would involve adding black to the text, though in many ways maybe that would make it too busy. The shorts are a terrific idea, and I fully support adding the player's number in the maple leaf. I think it would look even better with crisp points instead of the round ends on the stroke, but I know with program limitations that sometimes isn't viable. One change I would make, however, would be to unify the thickness of all three colors in the bottom striping of the shorts with all three colors in the stroke around the maple leaf -- basically like the uniform thickness of the Chicago Bulls' shorts striping design. Excellent start, and with a few minor changes I think these would be absolutely outstanding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the feedback, i greatly appreciate it!  It really gives me a reason to continue, because 1) it tells me i can always improve, and 2) makes it a lot less boring, actually having an audience interested in what I have to show.  

 

With that, the San Antonio Spurs!

 

Clean, sleek, simple, with a slight change.  With their current uniform set you really cant go wrong, and the look of their uniforms are really tied into the current era from David Robinson to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, to Kawhi Leonard.  I dont think they're changing it soon either, until at least all those players leave and a new era begins that would justify a brand change.  So i kept it the same, but added the Alamo outline to the bottom of the shorts that would begin the bottom outline stripe on the shorts, and really captures the history of San Antonio.  I also added the Toyota logo to the sponsor area because San Antonio FC, which is owned by the same group as the Spurs, uses Toyota as their sponsor, so the Spurs will probably feature Toyota as their sponsor as well.

 

5919de238a688_sanantoniohome.thumb.png.c3e5a8cdc18d0a13c577be341998b4d8.png

 

Up next are LeBron's Cleveland Cavaliers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2017 at 0:00 PM, itsmb8 said:

Thank you all for the feedback, i greatly appreciate it!  It really gives me a reason to continue, because 1) it tells me i can always improve, and 2) makes it a lot less boring, actually having an audience interested in what I have to show.  

 

With that, the San Antonio Spurs!

 

Clean, sleek, simple, with a slight change.  With their current uniform set you really cant go wrong, and the look of their uniforms are really tied into the current era from David Robinson to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, to Kawhi Leonard.  I dont think they're changing it soon either, until at least all those players leave and a new era begins that would justify a brand change.  So i kept it the same, but added the Alamo outline to the bottom of the shorts that would begin the bottom outline stripe on the shorts, and really captures the history of San Antonio.  I also added the Toyota logo to the sponsor area because San Antonio FC, which is owned by the same group as the Spurs, uses Toyota as their sponsor, so the Spurs will probably feature Toyota as their sponsor as well.

 

5919de238a688_sanantoniohome.thumb.png.c3e5a8cdc18d0a13c577be341998b4d8.png

 

Up next are LeBron's Cleveland Cavaliers!

 

I really like this concept a lot. The only things I would change would be to just have a single grey outline on the number instead of a double outline so it will match the wordmark, and to put the Spur U logo on the shorts. Also, I'm pretty sure that H-E-B is going to be their sponsor instead of Toyota since their logo is already on The Coyote's jersey.

 

Great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IceBurgs70 said:

 

I really like this concept a lot. The only things I would change would be to just have a single grey outline on the number instead of a double outline so it will match the wordmark, and to put the Spur U logo on the shorts. Also, I'm pretty sure that H-E-B is going to be their sponsor instead of Toyota since their logo is already on The Coyote's jersey.

 

Great job!

 

The wordmark and number outline was definitely something i thought about, but i might change the wordmark instead.  And you're totally right about the sponsor logo, I'll change that up too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will be nice with the Cavs is that you will know what to use for their ad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

What will be nice with the Cavs is that you will know what to use for their ad.

 

 

Just difficult to actually think of a fitting design for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys, so I admit it definitely took awhile to think of something good enough for the Cavs, but I think I have something good enough here.  I included the new wordmark and logos, and of course Goodyear has their logo in the sponsor area on the jersey.  The design is used is in the same overall template as the current uniforms, but instead of the stripes i used a modified block design from the classic Cavaliers uniforms from the 70s.  Overall i think these look pretty good. And as always, C&C is appreciated.

 

5931b8a632cc8_clevelandhome.thumb.png.78b558a2cf3813be440747ef7ae3bdce.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Cavs fan I honestly really like this concept! I would be happy if they wore that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

As a Cavs fan I honestly really like this concept! I would be happy if they wore that. 

 

I was about to say I dislike you being a Cavs fan, just because im a Bucks and Bulls fan, but I see youre from Ohio so ill cut you some slack. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Alright guys, so I admit it definitely took awhile to think of something good enough for the Cavs, but I think I have something good enough here.  I included the new wordmark and logos, and of course Goodyear has their logo in the sponsor area on the jersey.  The design is used is in the same overall template as the current uniforms, but instead of the stripes i used a modified block design from the classic Cavaliers uniforms from the 70s.  Overall i think these look pretty good. And as always, C&C is appreciated.

 

5931b8a632cc8_clevelandhome.thumb.png.78b558a2cf3813be440747ef7ae3bdce.png

 

Im a fan of the uniform, minus the sword. Looks awkwardly placed IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, H11K said:

 

Im a fan of the uniform, minus the sword. Looks awkwardly placed IMO.

 

I was going for a look similar to the Atlanta Hawks with the wings spread to the back of the jersey, but i can see where youre coming from with that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding the Milwaukee Bucks here.  They're currently my favorite team in the NBA (shifts between them and the Bulls but the Bucks are younger and more like-able, plus Giannis...) so I felt weird not to have done them yet.  Nothing changes from their current uniforms though.  I personally feel like they're just about perfect, and they just added those uniforms so why change.  I added the Nike logos of course and added American Family Insurance as the sponsor due to their presence in Wisconsin.  Even though nothing changed, I feel like these look the best out of any uniform I've done so far.

 

593302fe45156_milwaukeehome.thumb.png.3f416428a2c87a0c5f64222d79887f44.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That black block on the side panels drives me crazy.  If you got rid of that, I think that would be an upgrade. 

Also, it appears your wordmark is a different shade of green from the rest of the set, so I'd fix that as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Alright guys, so I admit it definitely took awhile to think of something good enough for the Cavs, but I think I have something good enough here.  I included the new wordmark and logos, and of course Goodyear has their logo in the sponsor area on the jersey.  The design is used is in the same overall template as the current uniforms, but instead of the stripes i used a modified block design from the classic Cavaliers uniforms from the 70s.  Overall i think these look pretty good. And as always, C&C is appreciated.

 

5931b8a632cc8_clevelandhome.thumb.png.78b558a2cf3813be440747ef7ae3bdce.png

 

I really like the general concept of these uniforms but the swords on the sides are way to gimmicky for me. Take them off and add the block pattern to the arm holes and its a winner. Also the old number font doesn't fit this word mark. It's too rounded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed the Bucks uniform in the above post by making sure the shade of green was the same throughout and added blue to the inner neckline like how the current uniform is.  I thought about getting rid of the black, but I decided that would throw the irish rainbow pattern off a bit, plus with the alternates being black I figured there needs to be black somewhere in the home and aways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really kind of like what you've designed here for the Cavs! I'm not sure it's quite there just yet, but I definitely see a lot of potential. 

 

The way you've incorporated the swords actually reminded me of these relatively unknown Cavs uniforms worn from 1980-1983 -- perhaps you could use just one sword, starting it to the bottom left of the 'C' in the wordmark, and carry it across so that it ends uniformly on the other side a la the original horizontal striping. That would subsequently relocate the numerals to the bottom right corner below the sword, and presumably remove the bottom arcing of the wordmark font too. Finally, I'd add the same trim pattern around the armholes and reduced the size of it around the bottoms of the shorts. I think that could give you a clean, modern-ish uniform that employs some of their new branding while retaining a few nods to their past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I really kind of like what you've designed here for the Cavs! I'm not sure it's quite there just yet, but I definitely see a lot of potential. 

 

The way you've incorporated the swords actually reminded me of these relatively unknown Cavs uniforms worn from 1980-1983 -- perhaps you could use just one sword, starting it to the bottom left of the 'C' in the wordmark, and carry it across so that it ends uniformly on the other side a la the original horizontal striping. That would subsequently relocate the numerals to the bottom right corner below the sword, and presumably remove the bottom arcing of the wordmark font too. Finally, I'd add the same trim pattern around the armholes and reduced the size of it around the bottoms of the shorts. I think that could give you a clean, modern-ish uniform that employs some of their new branding while retaining a few nods to their past.

Yeah I am curious to see the CAVS road version in wine, navy, and or black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Yeah I am curious to see the CAVS road version in wine, navy, and or black

 

I'll have a wine "Cleveland" road jersey and a black "Cavs alternate. I was originally planning on getting all 30 home uniforms done first but I might get all away and alternates done now and then continue with the rest of the teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.