Jump to content

Apparel Brand Concept Logo (Roundel)


H11K
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bison Bros Adventure Company:

A recent idea of my friend and I's, to start an outdoor adventure brand. We came up with the name

Bison Bros Adventure Co. and decided to build off that. Here is a proposed logo, went from more 

of a simple, easily recognizable mark. Thoughts? I have some others drawn up but this is what we all like so far.

 

58df5380eec43_IGLogo.thumb.png.08ddff4a6e855b7339ef0073c6735cf9.png

 

Version 2:

 

58df55835c9bd_BISONtree.thumb.png.ee70bd5d93f329015193b71409604a5b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

I think just the wordmark and "EST. 2017" would look great

Tried the EST 2017, with a roundel didn't fit great, I'll see what it looks like with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H11K said:

Updated again, everyone involved with the brand start up likes this one the best. I have to agree with them.

58e69d1b13c3c_BBrosNew.thumb.png.cea45244627bf30c45a59b3acaaddd2c.png

 

 

I agree that this one is the best, but I think the type should be a bit bigger. The "20 17" is fine, but the rest should be a bit bigger. I'd go with a different font, too. Just doesn 't feel like it fits with the rest of the identity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

 

I agree that this one is the best, but I think the type should be a bit bigger. The "20 17" is fine, but the rest should be a bit bigger. I'd go with a different font, too. Just doesn 't feel like it fits with the rest of the identity.

I would go bigger font but, the"adventure co." is so long that the bigger it gets the less space there is for the 20 17.

 

Id go for this, but the mismatched sizes throw me off. Different font also.

 

58e6b054cb977_BBrosNewEdit.thumb.png.f32a7d70d637e0850b29de7a57853cf7.png

 

 

B Bros New Edit.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first roundel is better. I know you were going for a cameo here by using the "Aventura" typeface, but it doesn't really work well in my opinion. I personally think the most recent roundel with the first font you've used would be the best. Great job though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

The first roundel is better. I know you were going for a cameo here by using the "Aventura" typeface, but it doesn't really work well in my opinion. I personally think the most recent roundel with the first font you've used would be the best. Great job though.

I like both versions personally. But I get what you're saying, I think the other font gives a little more personality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2017 at 11:00 AM, sleuthpanther said:

The simple font probably works the best, really cool idea. 

Thats what we ended up on deciding, so that roundel would be going on a hat, and this design would be on a shirt. We actually chose a different, thinner font.

 

58f27de47e105_HatLogo.thumb.png.97552862052084a7d15d5b536789a19c.png

 

Shirt.thumb.png.7c2ea33a341a0090c4acb624ee3ddde9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your new marks still could use some polish. Take some time to adjust the kerning in roam on; The shape of the a looks to have a slight lean to the right, so you may want to close the gap between it and the letter o, and give it a bit of room between the m.

 

On your roundel, consider tracking out all the lettering (bison bros, adventure co.). the "ventur" all overlap each other and it creates an uneven distribution of weight and negative space. Maybe make adventure co. the same point size as bison bros. I know this will likely cause it to extend to where you currently have your established date. I think that you have 2 great spots to place the 2017, either in the white above the bison silhouette or in the black area below it. Even est. In the white above and 2017 below the bison would work well. Lastly, like the lettering on roam on, take a look at the kerning between all the letters within the roundel you want it to appear as if there is an equal distribution of white space between all letters in each word, which means manually adjusting space between certain problematic letter pairings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, aild87 said:

Your new marks still could use some polish. Take some time to adjust the kerning in roam on; The shape of the a looks to have a slight lean to the right, so you may want to close the gap between it and the letter o, and give it a bit of room between the m.

 

On your roundel, consider tracking out all the lettering (bison bros, adventure co.). the "ventur" all overlap each other and it creates an uneven distribution of weight and negative space. Maybe make adventure co. the same point size as bison bros. I know this will likely cause it to extend to where you currently have your established date. I think that you have 2 great spots to place the 2017, either in the white above the bison silhouette or in the black area below it. Even est. In the white above and 2017 below the bison would work well. Lastly, like the lettering on roam on, take a look at the kerning between all the letters within the roundel you want it to appear as if there is an equal distribution of white space between all letters in each word, which means manually adjusting space between certain problematic letter pairings.

 

Went on and fixed the spacing between all of the letters. Kept the Adventure Co. font the same size due to spacing issues, and because EST. 2017 didn't look right under the bison.

 

58f39c4e854f7_HatLogo.thumb.png.5c6165940ed60058434ee0afadca40cf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.