MLS | Houston Dynamo Logo Update

Go Red Sox!

7 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

The serifs on the end of the letters make this whole logo. Only thing I'd change is it not being Houston. ;)

Actually, It might cool to try to find a way to incorporate some sky blue. Orange/sky blue is actually a pretty cool color combo.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

2 hours ago, vicfurth said:

The serifs on the end of the letters make this whole logo. Only thing I'd change is it not being Houston. ;)

Actually, It might cool to try to find a way to incorporate some sky blue. Orange/sky blue is actually a pretty cool color combo.

I don't know how (un)popular of an opinion this is, but I absolutely hated when the Dynamo had sky blue in their uniforms. Something about it being paired with orange just looked awful to me. Maybe I'm the only one. 

That said, I love this concept. Far superior to what they currently use. 

Thanks, guys.

I left out Space City Blue (that's the official name for this very shade of blue) because I really don't like that color in combination with black and orange. In my view, it's a little too pale in order to be a good or at least necessary supporting color. I've read countless of comments from Houston Dynamo fans on various forums who, like me, rather dislike Space City Blue, wishing that color wasn't part of the scheme. These are the two reasons why I didn't use it on the rebrand. I also think that the mark looks cleaner since it's simpler in shape and color scheme.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• 1 year later...
On 7.5.2018 at 2:07 AM, WarriorFight said:

It comes up with this when I see your post.

I've updated the pic again. You should see it now.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

15 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

I've updated the pic again. You should see it now.

Damn, you nailed this. I always thought that the Dynamo's branding wasn't too far off being great, but the shield they have just didn't quite hit the mark. It doesn't need a lot, just some tweaks and they're there. It looks too busy, and with this I think you really nailed the look while keeping it clean and classy. Nice.

spacer.png

On 9.5.2018 at 8:12 AM, WarriorFight said:

Damn, you nailed this. I always thought that the Dynamo's branding wasn't too far off being great, but the shield they have just didn't quite hit the mark. It doesn't need a lot, just some tweaks and they're there. It looks too busy, and with this I think you really nailed the look while keeping it clean and classy. Nice.

Thank you, WarriorFight. I absolutely agree with you that their current mark is too busy. Simplification was the main reason for me to overhaul it, including to drop that unnecessary Space City Blue.

22 hours ago, christianreitz said:

looks too much like columbus, nyc, atl, or philly.but i guess that long list of teams with similar looking logos speaks for itself doesnt it lol

The only striking similarity that I see is the fact that all those clubs you've mentioned use roundels as their primary mark.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:16 PM, Go Red Sox! said:

The only striking similarity that I see is the fact that all those clubs you've mentioned use roundels as their primary mark.

idk, i think its the rings inside of rings.really dig your stuff though!

Archived