(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not tired of the Blackhawks like a lot of people are. Maybe it's because I still remember the Blackhawks being terrible. I still think of them as a team that's "just" gotten good, even though we're almost at a decade of them being awesome.

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm not tired of the Blackhawks like a lot of people are. Maybe it's because I still remember the Blackhawks being terrible. I still think of them as a team that's "just" gotten good, even though we're almost at a decade of them being awesome.

I'm a fan of good hockey, and the Blackhawks have played about as up-tempo and offensive hockey we can get today.  I don't dislike their presence in the playoffs.

But man, they look old in this series.  Admiral joked about their defense being great if this were 2010 or whatever year these guys were around...but they look slow.  With all the games Kane and Toews and Keith and Seabrook have played, their playing age is probably a bit older than their actual age.  Hossa is up there.  And if you look away from their core, seems to be a bunch of younger players with little-to-no playoff experience.  Their window is closing up.

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Hell of a finish to TOR/WAS.

What a pass! 

The Caps should be a little worried heading into Toronto...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Excellent learning experience for this bunch, now the Capitals have to bounce back in a hostile barn up against giving away yet another great season.  

All these Leafs have to worry about is eating enough calories to keep playing hard.

big-lebowski-deal-with-it.gif

If the Leafs can stop walking themselves to the penalty box, I like their chances with Freddie.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Per the Hawks: :censored: em. Cut off the head, piss on the ashes and salt the Earth where the grave is.

Per the Leafs: Good for them. I hope for a competitive series between them and the fightin' Ovis.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Geez I don't know whether it's more the Preds playing well or the Hawks sucking.

Or perhaps too much bad juju emanating from the arena's sponsor after the events of this week. Is United Center cursed?

CCSLC signature.png

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

Or perhaps too much bad juju emanating from the arena's sponsor after the events of this week. Is United Center cursed?

No it's not. Hawks will come back and win four in a row because they have a near .800 winning average in games 4-7 and LOLHAWKSWIN. They aren't dead and I refuse to believe it.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Anaheim could have home-ice the rest of the West playoffs (They were #3 in the West standings wise, and the two teams ahead of them are in serious peril down 0-2 going on the road).

If Chicago and/or Minnesota don't get up off the mat.... then the road to the Cup on that side goes through the Arrowhead Pond.

By denying us a Battle of Ontario/Alberta, I think we now have an idea who The hockey gods may be smiling on: Randy Carlyle.

Archived