(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Morgo said:

It has to be great being a Leafs fan right now.  Seeing them play this exciting series without the weight of expectation and the knowledge they will be a force in the very near future.

I think you just hit the nail on the head - these Leafs have absolutely nothing to lose. They're going to be good for a long time. On the other hand, the Caps have all the pressure on them. This could be their last legit chance at a Cup in the Ovechkin era. 

And it shows on the ice. The Leafs look loose, relaxed, and ready to play. The Caps look tense and too afraid to screw up. 

spacer.png

I'm a noted pessimist/realist when it comes to sports, but I just don't see how the caps make it out of this one, both from a hockey standpoint and a mental standpoint. 

spacer.png

It's tough to win when you're missing some of your best defensemen. It's also tough to win when Tuukka Rask is your goaltender in the playoffs.

Also, refs have to decide what type of penalties they want to call and which ones they want to slide.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

15 minutes ago, Brass said:

Also, refs have to decide what type of penalties they want to call and which ones they want to slide.

You could probably say that about all these series.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

You could probably say that about all these series.

What I've really noticed in these playoffs so far is that refs don't seem to understand the difference between "letting them play" and letting them break the rules. You can be a little more lenient with scrums and such, but you can't  excuse egregious, lazy hooks or trips or blatantly dirty hits (ahem, Kassian).

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

No, it's cool, Josi...we should totally go right back on the PK attempt. JTFC!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived