(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

12 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Okay I'll stfu about game three now. :P

I wonder what your reaction would have been like if the Pens had won?

It seems Fleury had his "oops" game last night. Just hope it doesn't tumble into an "oops" series.

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I wonder what your reaction would have been like if the Pens had won?

I would've been furious with Bobrovsky for not being good enough to hold up 5 goals and just generally playing poorly throughout the series. That hasn't changed even with the win. He made one really good save last night on a doorstep chance, but mostly he's kicking out rebounds to all the wrong places and can't stop easy softies he's had all season long.

I wasn't comfortable ever. Malkin gathered the puck in the far corner, looked up at the clock with about ten seconds left and I was certain he was going to tie the game. I would've put money on it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

16 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

No Minnesota team is within five years of a title.  

Well, you do have a pretty young talented basketball team to be proud of. Fingers crossed. Anyway, back to NHL....

GO BLUES

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Don't really know what to make of San Jose at this point, though I would love to see the offense more evenly spread out over the next three, rather than an anemic show one game and offensive diarrhea the next. 

As for tonight, here's hoping the Caps bounce back and the Blues finally put the Wild out of their misery.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

So the refs waved off a Caps goal for goalie interference. That's fine - there was contact from Backstrom and all, perfectly reasonable initial call. Trots reviews it - and it seems pretty clear that Backstrom was trying to get out of being held by Jake Gardiner, yet they still call it no goal, goalie interference. 

If if we lose this game I'm taking that Saltiest Playoff Fan™ award. 

EDIT: Aaaaand they're within one. I can feel it coming. 

EDIT pt. 2: OH THANK GOODNESS

spacer.png

That was nuts. Down 4-1 and they kept crawling back, only to lose 5-4.

On one hand? It's encouraging to know that this team will not stop fighting. On the other hand? This shows the danger of always having to win from behind. Eventually it catches up to you and you just can't do it. The Leafs need to kick themselves into gear and shut down Washington from the start. The Caps are too good to let them put 3-4 on you while you're still waking up. It's the playoffs. Start the game ready to win it.

The good news in all of this is that four games in? Toronto hasn't been outclassed by the best team in the league like I thought they would be. This Leafs team is going to be very good down the line.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well looks like you're getting your wish. 

But what did we ever do to you?

I just want to see this thing go the distance. Between the Caps offensive powers and the Leafs tenacity, this has made for one hell of a series. I'd have no problem seeing either team make some deep runs for the next few years.

See? I'm not always posting with malice. Just most of the time!

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Just now, Alex Houston said:

I just want to see this thing go the distance. Between the Caps offensive powers and the Leafs tenacity, this has made for one hell of a series. I'd have no problem seeing either team make some deep runs for the next few years.

See? I'm not always posting with malice. Just most of the time!

Haha, fair enough.

*puts pitchfork away*

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

How did this team even make the playoffs, let alone go on that hot stretch...  The mind boggles.

Someone had to make the playoffs out of the Pacific Division when LA fell apart.

The Kings were so bad from mid-March onward that someone had to make the playoffs from that division.

The Ducks are Anaheim's bugaboo. Maybe not quite to the extent of Boston/Montreal way back when or Pittsburgh/Washington, but it seems that more often than not, these matchups go the way of the Cali gang.

How many Flames fan wish they were in the Battle of Alberta right now?

Archived