(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

I rarely complain about officiating, and I like to think I don't fall into that "homer" New England sports fan stereotype, but dear Jesus the officials in this series have B B & S.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy that was only playing cause Spooner was hurt scores the GT & GW goals and forces the Sens to go back to an unfriendly building. TERRIBLE call on Kuraly in OT1 though, so many ways that wasn't Goalie interference but whatever I'll take it. Bigger knife in the heart for Ottawa.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

17 hours ago, worcat said:

The Predators are playing some scary good hockey right now and the fans should be celebrating with an impressive sweep of the Blackhawks. Now that you've had time to celebrate and digest the success, the fight isn't over though. You have to bury that emotion deep down so it doesn't blow up in your face if Nashville gets eliminated. Building up all that excitement just to have it come crashing down will really hurt. As a Blues fan, I've felt this year after year so at this point, there is no celebrating until it's over. 

They're definitely looking like one of the best teams out West, along with Anaheim. The way things are shaping up, that might be our WCF.

sig.png

The better team is going to move on between the Blues and Wild, which honestly surprises me. I would've never thought the Blues would look like a more solid opponent than the Sharks, Hawks or Wild in the West and yet...here we are.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

6 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I would've never thought the Blues would look like a more solid opponent than the Sharks, Hawks or Wild in the West and yet...here we are.

As a team that made it to the WCF last year, I'm actually surprised that they look as good since losing as much talent as they did in the off-season. The hunger of the core and new young players is exciting. Too bad Fabbri is out for the season, what could have been....

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The playoff format strikes again!

#2 in the West has to play #5.

Seriously, the Blues should have played Edmonton and the Wild should have played San Jose (Or if you didn't give diviison winners an automatic 1-2 seed, Calgary).

But hey, gotta build up those divisional rivalries!

And here's what the format has brought us- a Blues/Preds series I could not care less about.

44 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The playoff format strikes again!

#2 in the West has to play #5.

Seriously, the Blues should have played Edmonton and the Wild should have played San Jose (Or if you didn't give diviison winners an automatic 1-2 seed, Calgary).

But hey, gotta build up those divisional rivalries!

And here's what the format has brought us- a Blues/Preds series I could not care less about.

Then don't watch it. 

For me I'm kinda intrigued to see how far the Preds can go. With the Preds moving on, does this make the Atlanta Thrashers turned Winnipeg Jets as the last of the late 90s/Early 2000s expansion teams to not have won a playoff series?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Just now, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Then don't watch it. 

For me I'm kinda intrigued to see how far the Preds can go. With the Preds moving on, does this make the Atlanta Thrashers turned Winnipeg Jets as the last of the late 90s/Early 2000s expansion teams to not have won a playoff series?

This is either the third or fourth playoff series win for the perds. The Blue Jackets have never been to the second round, but the ThrasherJets have never won a playoff game. 0-8 in two appearances. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

49 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The blues checked out at the trade deadline, dropped Shattenkork, and are gonna be in the second round. The regular season doesn't matter. 

Pretty much.

Also you can't lose in 6 if the series only lasts five games. /wink

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

20 minutes ago, worcat said:

Because trading a pending free agent that has no desire to resign with the team is considered checking out? oh ok.

Fine.

The Blues were sellers at a time when they were in a tight fight for any playoff spot (the Kings only fell apart after the deadline).  It's not like they tried to get better.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just now, rams80 said:

Fine.

The Blues were sellers at a time when they were in a tight fight for any playoff spot (the Kings only fell apart after the deadline).  It's not like they tried to get better.

That's much better. It's difficult to improve a team when you are already against the cap.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 hour ago, worcat said:

Because trading a pending free agent that has no desire to resign with the team is considered checking out? oh ok.

Ask the GM:

"On the same day Armstrong defended his decision to keep former pending free agents David Backes and Troy Brouwer for last season's playoff push, he explained why he did not repeat that choice with Shattenkirk, who was viewed as one of the league's top unrestricted free agents at the fast-approaching Wednesday deadline.

"I would say, if we were sitting where Minnesota (first) or Chicago (second) were in our standings in our division, I would have thought, you know what, they've earned it," Armstrong said. "You people (media) as experts can tell us who are Cup contenders and who are not Cup contenders. Everyone says Minnesota is a Cup contender. Everyone says Chicago is a Cup contender, based on what they do and with their experience. Last year at this deadline, everyone said St. Louis is a Cup contender. Now we are at the dark horse part of that. But dark horses win every once in a while, too."

"You build your team, then you look at it and you rebuild it," he said. "There are two teams that haven't had to rebuild it, and that's the Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins." He added: "This is not a good feeling. This is not a feeling I want to continue. But it's something that I felt like we had to transition, and when you transition, you have to make hard decisions, and you have to ride out the storm. Has it been easy? No."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/morning-skate/armstrong-shattenkirk-trade-continues-blues-transition-to-newer-team/article_6de72ba5-784c-56fc-b3ea-d91944afea06.html

Yeah, sounds like a guy that was planning on a long playoff run.

Archived